Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is so 'bad' about modern USA Jacksons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish somebody had on my brand new SL2H....even though I love it, I sure don't love the fact that the Floyd is not centered in the cavity. While it's far from unplayable, I'd think that a USA Jackson wouldn't have this fault get by QC.

The thing is, you order it, it takes up to six months in some cases, and if you don't like it you're stuck another six months!...

I just compare guitars, really...I'd think a Soloist and a Prestige Ibanez are in the same league. Each guitar does something different, but in a good way. But the trem in my RG2550 is dead straight, and I can wail away without fear of pulling off the fretboard.

Can't say the same about the SL2H, even though it's playability overall is better IMO than the RG.

Sigh...the next Jackson I get is going to have a PERFECT trem, or else I'm not forking over the dough.

ps....I still love my SL2H!.don't get me wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by Carbophos View Post
      Dude, do you know what is a distributor's stock? A huge dusty hangar with ceiling-high piles of boxes. Distributor is just the box-mover who takes on the logisitics and marketing for the certain territory.
      The only responisbility of a distributor is to handle service for servicable products and replacement/money back for non-serivcable products. And to send claims to the vendor in each case, pushing him to improve QC.

Making pre-sale check and the adjustment is totally up to the retailer. Because anyway enviroment in the store and on stock is different.
      Yea man, I know. But for example that Luthman-case... Every Gibson, Epiphone, B.C. Rich and so on they distribute and sell to retailers have a hanging tag inside the box or case with the guitar that shows Luthman has checked it too. There are 2 check-out hanging tags so to say. One from the manufacturer, one from the "distributor/importer". Still, some of the stuff they have checked is outta quality control. Knife-sharp fret ends in Gibsons, badly bent necks in Epiphones and so on. If the Luthman check-out guy notices a flaw in Gibson, he should make a reclamation of it... not to send ahead to retailers. That's the point where the retailer has to take care of the instrument and its reclamation... and it's a sad thing that these fix and repair guys at retail stores are a dying breed. 15 years ago every shop had a fixguy... now only some smaller (non-chain) stores have such service.

I think Fender Scandinavia checks out (don't know how well then) the instruments too before they are sent to retailers. At least that's what the Fender/Jackson finnish sales manager said to me when I asked about the quality issues on RR24.
      .: machine head vio-lence :.

Comment

You mean besides the shitty prices they charge now? Nothing! Then there is the fact that some Jackson employees used to post here, but due to that fact that they can't take criticism they don't anymore. Shows how much they care about what their customers think, not to mention other forums where I have heard many complaints about 6 or 7 out of 10 guitars on order were fucked up and still managed to pass inspection. I also forgot to mention when the guitars are done or repairs are finished it takes them six months to finally ship it.
        Last edited by KLNowak; 05-26-2007, 10:39 PM.
        I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
          There are good old ones, and bad old ones.

There are good new ones, and bad new ones.

Anyone who says otherwise is just pumping the value of their "collectible" and not a real guitarist.
          +1

However, I will say that there are obvious periods in Jackson's history where quality either went up or down...

Early SD to late SD... quality was on the decline... Move to Ontario, custom quality jumps from 88-89-ish until the early 90's.... another good period in guitars is the 95-96-97-ish custom builds...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
            Offtopic but...
            Roodyrocker, aren't you the guy who was at the last NAMM, and a Dean girl interviewed you about what guitar you play, and you said Jacksons? Then she got a bit shocked or something.
            +1 on the Jacksons!
            Yes, she did interview me. She didn't ask what I played but I was thinking to myself she might ask that. And if she did I'd have to tell her Jacksons! right there in the Dean booth, on the live webcam

Rudy
            www.wickedrocks.com
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
              Yes, she did interview me. She didn't ask what I played but I was thinking to myself she might ask that. And if she did I'd have to tell her Jacksons! right there in the Dean booth, on the live webcam

Rudy
              www.wickedrocks.com
              Haha! That would've been great! She would've gone crazy and sunk her fangs into you. Ah, next time
              Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
              Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
              Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                I disagree....I just got 2007 KV-2 and the fretboard is very dark.

They're not as smooth as they have to be.My SLSMG's fretboard is way smoother than my 2007 KV2's.
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                  They're not as smooth as they have to be.My SLSMG's fretboard is way smoother than my 2007 KV2's.
                  What do you mean by "smooth"? They used to be anti-glossy?
                  Heavy usage makes glossy fretboard smooth!
                  .: machine head vio-lence :.

Comment

Just got my 2007 KV-2 back from guitar technician who is a real professional and very strict when checking guitars. Don't know about other Fender Jacksons but everything on this one is built with high quality. Especially fret finishing is awesome as well as bindings.

Comment

Working...
                    X