New guy and proud owner of a USA Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy and proud owner of a USA Soloist

Greetings, new guy to the board and owner of a 91' Soloist. I also just picked up what I believe is a USA Fusion Standard body and I have a few questions. First, this body is light as a feather, Alder?? I mean really light. Also, in the neck pocket it says FU STD(stamped in ink) and written in marker it says 88638 San Dimas. What have I got here? I thought the USA Fusions were neck thru. I got it for a song with the original Jackson floyd rose. It's a beautiful Royal Blue color and in great shape. My brother is a builder and he's building me a custom 24 3/4 scale neck. Should be a beauty when it's done.

Another question I have is with the mid boost circuit on my soloist. I'm thinking of adding that to my fusion. Anyone know where I can find one or is there a comperable or better circuit? Sustainor??

Anyhow, thanks in advance. I'll have to put up some pics of my Soloist and the Fusion when it's done, Peace, Rob
    91' Soloist
    JCM 800
    SD-1
    Teese Wah
    Thats my story and i'm stickin to it!

Welcome!

Fusions were all bolt-on. The midboost is a Jackson JE1200 preamp. You can still find it sometimes used on eBay. There's a NOS one on eBay at the moment: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Jackson-Char...mZ140119277815
    (I'm not 100% sure it's a JE1200, but looks like it).

Comment

Thanks, i'll keep an eye on that . Might be good to get the entire harness with the pots.
      91' Soloist
      JCM 800
      SD-1
      Teese Wah
      Thats my story and i'm stickin to it!

Comment

I'm sorry, that one on eBay is actually a JE2000 which is a low impedance system for basses.

Comment

Working...
        X