SLATQH value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLATQH value?

Hi, so I just put a trans black SLATQH on hold, I am going to buy it tomorow after I return my PRS. They want $1750 for it, and it is mint! Is this a fair price?

Thanks alot!

Very fair indeed.
    Nice guitars!
    -Rick

Comment

I watched 2 SLATQH's sell on ebay and the winning bid was around $1300. One was a green quilt top. One was with a brown quilt top. One lady tried for almost 2 months to sell her SLATQH in Natural for over $1450 but did not sell. I offered her $1250 and she did not take it. On eBay it seems it does not matter if its a SLATQH, SL2HT, SL1T. They all sell around $1300. On musiczoo, they say they sold one for $2350.

That said, the one you have in the pic is breathtaking! I would say that's my dream quilt top and guitar, except for the gold hardware.
      Sam

Comment

OK, so its not a bad deal, but not a great deal. I can live with that because the odds of finding another one like this is slim to none.

Comment

That is a great one! I' loving it... The top is beautiful
          "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

I love that finish.

Comment

Originally posted by 69dodgecharger View Post
              OK, so its not a bad deal, but not a great deal. I can live with that because the odds of finding another one like this is slim to none.
              +1
              I would say its near impossible to find another one like this. Its an awesome top and i dont know why anyone would like to part it. Also, the stock humbuckers seem to have been replaced with EMG's. The mahogony body with the EMG's should give you some sweet metal tones if that's what you are after. Get it!! Have you tried haggling for a lower price?
              Sam

Comment

No, I havnt tried to get a lower price, I will see what they can do, but if they wont budge oh well, I'll still buy it.The way I see it, its $1,000 cheeper than the PRS that I am going to return to guitar center and its a better guitar and better looking. IMO

Comment

hell yeah! I am not a big fan of PRS so dont take my word for it. One thing's for sure...Its definitely not going to weigh as much as a PRS.
                  Sam

Comment

Those are getting hard to find man, especially in that colour! Grab it!
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Slatqh's could easily sell for 2k+ considering how nice of a guitar they truly are. The quality easily rivals a PRS private stock. I have never seen a more killer quilt top on any guitar than that of my Natural SLATQH. The thing is just insane. For whatever reason, they just never seemed to catch on and the demand has never been there.

Comment

Ya, Im definatley going to get it. They have a green one to, I allmost want to get both of them, but I dont think I can swing that.

Comment

Just my advice, but I would try to talk it down a bit. EMGs and quilt top is an unusual pair (but a good one). In other words, the people in the market for a git with EMGs might not be the ones looking for a SLATQH. If it had Duncans, then you'd have more comeptition from the furniture freaks.

Comment

Originally posted by 69dodgecharger View Post
                            Ya, Im definatley going to get it. They have a green one to, I allmost want to get both of them, but I dont think I can swing that.
                            sh*tt they have a green one?? where is this place??
                            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                              sh*tt they have a green one?? where is this place??
                              "hint" check ebay

Comment

Working...
                              X