San Dimas Soloist value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Soloist value

I've been eyeballing a sparkly blue Soloist that I believe is an early one - Made in USA under the Jackson logo is San Dimas, right?? Where is the serial # on these? Anywho, this guitar has been hanging in a local shop for a long time and is either overpriced or has some hidden defect I have not yet unearthed. I am interested in knowing how much of a value hit should be assigned to a guitar that has had a headstock/neck repair. This one had the neck busted at the nut and seems structurally sound but is not 100% cosmetically cool. It also has a busted trem post and the knobs are changed. It looks to be a pretty standard setup with a HSS configuration, 3 mini toggles, and a chrome floyd. It was originally $1500, now at $900 but I bet I could snag it for less, and it seems like Soloist prices are all over the map so I don't want to pay too much. Any input would be appreciated as I am jonesing bad for another Charvel/Jackson since I sold my Fusion with the beach chick graphic some years ago. Thanks. Z

Serial number is imprinted on the end of the fretboard after the last fret...

Broken headstocks usually devalue the guitar by 50% to the serious collector. A little less if it's a good repair but it sounds like this one isn't that clean. I would offer $500 and see what they say...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I know what guitar you are talking about - I've looked at it a number of times myself. That break was ugly and the repair kind of was too. It's not a $900 guitar. Personally, I'd pay $600 at the MOST. The overall condition isn't anything that WOW's me either.

Comment

I saw it and would pass on it even at $500. I also passed on a Kahlered H/H at a local pawn shop for $500 .( Really bad refinish job) Both Jackson's were 86's but just not worth it.

Comment

Oh, man, I know the Kahlered H/H you are referring to! Looked like my 8 year old refinned it with a 4" paint brush! Thanks for the info, guys, I didn't think it was worth pursuing. Z

Comment

Saw it again today - still not impressed. It has some pretty healthy cracks in the ebony board as well.. Also looks like it has a Screamin' Demon in the bridge - yuck...

Comment

Can you get a pic of the Kahlered H-H hand painted one I'd love to see it.
              That may be a good project.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It's gone .I went to look at another guitar there because a new owner bought the place and finally lowered the prices. ( when are these pawn shops going to quit using ebay as a blue book pricing. So someone in the world paid a outragous price for something and suddenly all these pawn shop have it that it's the new going price.)

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                  It's gone .I went to look at another guitar there because a new owner bought the place and finally lowered the prices. ( when are these pawn shops going to quit using ebay as a blue book pricing. So someone in the world paid a outragous price for something and suddenly all these pawn shop have it that it's the new going price.)
                  You're not talking about the GC one, correct? I bet that one will get marked down on Memorial Day.

Comment

No that one was at a pawn shop. The one a GC I would not buy even if it dropped under $500.

Comment

I know it would take at least $1800.00 to get my SD soloist.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                      X