No announcement yet.

Warranty inquiries...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im right in the middle of a warr. claim for my USA San Dimas right now. Except that mine is for a blemish/defect on the headstock.
    I wasnt sure whether to pursue it or not, then you guys gave me advice to get it fixed,so long story short and after several emails and hi-rez pix to my local music store from where i purchased it, I brought it back. . had it like 2 months and showed the manager and got the ball rolling.
    I bought it brand new and paid $$$$ so im not going to try and fix it or void my warr.so FMIC asked for it back and now im out my Charvel but,its getting fixed.
    I was going to just let it go (but seen several others doing it) so decided to send it back,wait however long and have it repaired or replaced.
    I would bring it to a reputable music store and show them the manufacturing error and explain to them that it doesnt play right and you want to file a warr. claim.
    I wouldnt have anyone try and repair it,just wont be the same as it should of been done correctly the 1st time and think about it,you paid alot of $$$ so take FMIC up on it. Its def worth a try.. so see what happens.
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

"Fret margin" issues are a major bitch that you never get used to, send it back and insist they make it right (IMHO).

Comment

Dealing with this exact issue on my new SL2H. It's blatantly off-center at the 24th fret, will take pics and post tonight.

Comment

..thanks guys. I'm going to call the local Jackson affiliate here and get the details.

Any idea how long some of these babies take to get repaired?..if they don't do it here in Canada and actually send it to the States, perhaps they'll replace it. Whichever, as long as I get that issue taken care of...

...but since it's a Ferrari Red paint scheme, does this mean it could take up to six months, similar to putting in a new order for a USA?

Man....imagine if the replacement has a misaligned trem as well....yikes. Next time I'm buyin' in person!...lol...either that or REALLY know the guy selling it...

Comment

The diagnosis is hard to tell. The Jackson folks will have to look at it wether to replace it or fix it. If it has to be doweled it will be strong as new. With the way things are going at JCMI, it could take 1 month to 6 months on a guess. I had a neck swapped out on a PC1 in a month's time frame, but that of course was a pretty simple fix.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

This is pretty common on USA Select guitars. Not sure why, but I've seen a bunch that were misaligned.
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

I shoulda just sent it back when i got it...now I'm going to miss it for months at least.

Comment

Update?

Update? From (my) post above my $.02. .the best thing I did was to send it back and the rest is history

Comment

Problem with dowelling and redrill is that it has to have touch up paint work to hide the dowels. that's what makes it expensive- otherwise it would be a $40 fix....

You know it will bug you for as long as you own it, so get it in for factory service.

And dont mention that shave under the bridge- chances are they wont notice, dont bring it up.

I can't even guess as to why this is a common issue- I'm REALLY curious as to why/how it happens- Aint right....

Comment

Soloist/trem issue

It's a manufacturing defect and you should not have to "fix it" or "deal with it." A misaligned trem is not a small detail and should be made right.

You're hearing some good advice here, which is to go through the proper channels and send it back to FMIC. They are pros and will figure it out- even if it means giving you a new guitar. Jackson will stand behind their product and do the right thing.
                      GM,
                      www.aftershok.com

Comment

Good luck with warranty. My prediction is "Thank you for choosing Jackson Guitars! We have inspected your guitar and found all components to be within proper specification. Enjoy your crooked guitar!". I would say about 1/4 of everything with a recessed trem has route inconsistencies. They don't stop them during inspection. I doubt they consider it a defect. For what it's worth, I do undertsand your frustration with the problem.

Comment

...thanks for the input and concern. To be honest, I did the math, added up the shipping costs and such...in the end I decided not to return it.

For the shipping costs I'll be on the line for, I could just get a quality local luthier to fill and drill new posts...essentially what Jackson will do with it.

However, since I do have a year in the warranty I just may change my mind. It's really discouraging because this has made me really suspicious about internet guitar purchases. The ONLY thing keeping this guitar from being the most comfy, fast as hell shred machine is the trem misalignment.

I've looked at it a bunch of ways and even though the Floyd trems are slightly wide for the thin Soloist neck (my opinion), the simple fact is that anyone can see with their own eyes that the trem doesn't line up in the cavity.

Every Soloist I see on the internet I think about buying, this issue comes up. I tell the seller straight up that if they ship me a guitar with a misaligned trem, it's getting sent right back to them.

Again, this guitar is as close to perfection in terms of comfort, speed, sound. Having to really watch my technique on the high E string is one thing, but paying bucks for a guitar that isn't 'right' pisses me off.

I now have a paper receipt from the company I bought it from online, so I'm going to go to my local Fender dealer and see what they can do. If I don't get a good answer, I'm shipping it straight to Jackson. There's NO way that their staff will look at this guitar and say, "yeah, it's supposed to be that way"...at least, I'd like to think so. It's a USA after all...I've seen better alignment on their bolt on imports!

Thanks again, I'll update later.

Comment

hit enter before I was done. .opps
                            Last edited by ADR; 08-16-2007, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Your Jackson should have a lifetime warr, my USA Charvel does.I was fortunate to have bought my Charvel from a local music store, so they (or FMIC) payed to have it shipped back.
                              When it was done from the CS (30 days) it was shipped Fed-X next day.. thats app $50.00 or so.
                              If you get it repaired, how are they going to match the paint in that area? Cant just touch it up, must be refinished. .sprayed. Id email the place you bought it from with some super clear hi-rez pix. Than they need to contact FMIC about starting a warr. claim. Than after they get the world from FMIC thats its going back,then youll need to ship it to them,they will then ship to FMIC (they need RO #'s etc)
                              Im telling you directly from experience, send it back to FMIC.Its the only way its going to be taken care of by the builders. Besides you may get a new body, down the road you if you ever need to get rid of it your fine,no evidence of a repair.If you get it fixed yourself. . .then down the road your going to take a huge loss.Think about that.
                              Besides, a local repair may not not get it correct. .than your facing the same problem all over again, and will end up dumping the thing and taking a big loss.

Comment

Now that you have you receipt, take it to an authorized Fender repair shop.
                                Jackson won't waste their time repairing it.
                                They will send you another guitar.
                                And it won't cost you a dime.
                                The dealer/shop will send it back to Jackson and then call you when your replacement comes in. The dealer will bill JCMI for the shipping charges.

When I had warranty work done, I didn't pay for jack shit out of my pocket.
                                The WARRANTY covers the cost of shipping it back and forth from the dealer/shop and JCMI. You just have to get it to the shop.

Like I said before... send it back.
                                Since it's a Soloist, they will basically replace the guitar.
                                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X