Warranty inquiries...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WELL...an update of sorts.

Fender is replacing my ferarri red SL2H, they just called today. I did wait till the last minute (last week) to drop it off at the local Fender authorized dealer, and they just called saying that Jackson has opted to replace the guitar.

The good?...I'm getting a new guitar, which should be flawless! Also, NO freight charges...thanks Jackson!

The bad?

FOUR MONTHS to complete it as it's essentially a small run build, ferrari red ain't exactly the most popular color...oh well, I love it.

I'll slap up some new pics of her when she arrives in ...MARCH sometime...ah, who knows, maybe it'll get done quicker than that. I got this one after only 3 months and it was supposed to be a six month wait.

Comment

Well, that sounds like good news that it will be replaced. Hopefully, you will get it sooner than expected!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by atarilovesyou View Post
        ...sooo...I love my new SL2H, however, the trem is not 'exactlyl in the center of the route, and as a result the strings are shifted towards the high E side of the neck. Luckily the frets are huge so the high E doesn't go shooting off the side, but it's a flaw nonetheless.

Would this type of flaw be considered if I decide to use the warranty? I mean, it does include craftsmanship....I purchased it online and I didn't see it before it was shipped to me.

Not that I'm going to return it for sure, but I'm wondering if any of you have done this....or is this just something you have to live with? Other than that, this guitar is a jem (well, a Soloist...!). Any advice?

Hey Bro, take your guitar and proof of purchase to an Authorized Service Center... you can find a link on the Jackson website under Rescources... they will evaluate the issue and contact Jackson. If it's wrong, we want to make sure it gets fixed!!! Let me know if there are any issues!!!

Thanks,.. Mike

Comment

Yep, that's just what I did. I shoulda done it earlier as four months is gonna be a long wait to get a new guitar, but at least I get a brand spankin' new, no flaw (I'll assume!) guitar this time around. I loved the guitar, no question...just that misaligned trem wasn't so much fun. The decision was easy once I got another SL2H with it's trem done properly...the red one had to get replaced.

So far so good, it only took a week for my dealer to get in touch with Jackson and get a firm estimate on time for replacement. I'm sure if I had a more common colour I would have gotten it back even faster. So far so good! AND....no shipping payment!!..let me tell ya, not every guitar company will do that. So I'm pretty happy, all considered. Update in a few months!

Comment

Well, just got the call yesterday that my SL2H replacement has arrived! I'm on my way to go pick it up. I'll post some pics up when I do. I really hope it's "fixed", and that the QC was done before it was shipped. I'm pretty sure it will be, since it's a warranty return, after all. Can't wait!

Comment

And it only took them 4 1/2 months!
              Ridiculous... but glad to see you got it back.
              -Rick

Comment

Comment

Didn't even realize I erased the other pics! ...whoops.

The guitar is back and looks great, instead of pics of the repair I'm just going to take some photos of my Soloists for another thread....mainly cause the repair was pretty simple.

They didn't replace the guitar, I could tell by the telltale blemishes I knew were there before. They refilled and drilled the Floyd so that it's centered perfectly in the route...and they did a great job, you can't tell it's been done at all.

Overall I'm very happy with the warranty return. From the day I took it in to the shop till the day I got it back was almost five months....that's a long time for the job they did, but I didn't have to pay for shipping OR the repair. If I got the trem fixed locally it would have cost at least 150 I'd guess and would have taken around a month max...but since I wasn't in a rush the time wasn't a big deal.

The hazards of buying a guitar online are numerous, and had I returned the guitar as soon as I noticed the misaligned trem, I would have had it back months before I decided to send it away...that's my only advice, if you notice something that you won't get used to (I spent months trying to work around the high E string slippage) then just get it done. I didn't listen to that advice here because I wasn't sure how the warranty worked.

As long as you've bought it from an authorized dealer, you're covered. Kudos for the paid shipping, that's a BIG deal for me. Not every guitar company will do that and I'm grateful for it.

Now....off for some Ferrari Red SL2H shreddin'....pics to follow in another thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X