Question about Custom Shop spec form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Custom Shop spec form

Hi, I have two questions about options in the custom shop spec form. Under the option titled "Neck Description" there are two choices, Jackson Style or San Dimas Style. Can anyone describe what each is like or how they are different?

Under the option titled "Neck Back Shape" two of the choices are Standard like SL-1 and Fast like KV-2. Can anyone describe what each is like or how they are different? According to the specifications on the Jackson official website the SL-1 is .850" at the 12th fret and the KV-2 is .835" at the 12th fret. That's a difference of only .015" or close to 1/64". That doesn't seem like a noticeable difference, but I assume there's more to it than that. Close up side by side comparison pics may be helpful if anyone can do that. Thanks

Welcome excon - I don't know the exact answer but here is the search function, it may help ya:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/search.php
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I got the "speed" neck on my custom and it is somewhat flatter backside then a regular Soloist neck and it is noticable to me. The Soloist neck is more a consistant rounded "U" shape. I also now prefer the speed neck, it feels more comfortable to my hands.

I'm guessing a "San Dimas" style neck would be a thicker old style neck.

Comment

Jackson style = pointy headstock
        San Dimas style = older PC-1 psuedo-strathead

The spec form was done before they started offering real stratheads. And there are actually more neck backshape options than shown. Like PC-1 (thick and round), Charvel (thin and flat), etc.

Comment

thanks for the info guys. much appreciated

Comment

Working...
          X