King V Versatility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V Versatility

How versatile is a King V (I should probably be more specific, but I don't yet know the differences in the options)?

Is it one of those guitars that's good for everything from metal to metal, or can it be tamed into a variety of roles?

I am really liking the pointy V look lately, but without the cash for a stable of guitars I need something that can fill many shoes.

(Just tell me the V will do anything so I can go ahead and buy one )

Thanks.
    Last edited by tolstoi; 05-28-2007, 11:20 AM. Reason: Added question mark to title.

Assuming you're talking about a USA KV2 here, but some of this will apply to other KV models:

Forgetting the body style, it's a neck thru 2 humbucker guitar with a recessed Floyd and a relatively thin, flat neck profile. It has 2 volumes and a tone. It will do pretty much everything that any other guitar with these specs will do. Back the volumes off and it will clean up OK - you could add push/pull pots to coil tap if you want single coil options. You can fully block the floyd if you want a hardtail effect, or partially block it if you just want to lower the pitch..
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanks. That makes total sense. I suppose the aggressive styling was clouding my thinking (perhaps the pickups are extra-hot, etc).

Comment

get the kv2t!!
        äss howl

Comment

my kv with strat pots seems prety usable per anything

Comment

How is the higher fret access on the KV2? Can you compare it to a soloist?
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I think a soloist is much easier to get at the higher frets.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Just buy it bro! I put a lot of thought into my first high end purchase. I bought the DK-1 out of submission and love it. There is so many options out there but IMO you wont be upset with the KV or other style of Jackson. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X