Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist info and Help!

Hey Guys,
    I'm quite new to the forum but I've been a fan of Jackson's since I started playing guitar, 7 years ago. Although I have been mostly playing Ibanez's I'm definately on the hunt for a USA jackson.

I have decided that the next guitar I want to get will be a soloist, however I had one question for you guys. I may have a chance to pick up a used SL1T in mint condition, but the guitar I was on the hunt for is a SL2HT (I prefer two humbuckers for metal). The reason I wanted to get this guitar is to have a cracked mirror installed on it by KAMN. I have been speaking to him and one of the things we have talked about was taking the SL1T and routing it for a humbucker in the neck and just having the original bridge humbucker as well. This would satisfy my preference. He said he could do this no problem then do the mirror top, but I am not an expert when it comes to body shapes. Would there be any dramatic downsides to doing this...are the body shapes for the SL1T and the SL2HT the same except for the pickup configuration? Any info would be helpful. If there are any SL1/2 guitar players, could I get an opinion on the profile of the neck...I.e. is it quite thin, or is it more thick. Thanks Guys!!!
    Last edited by DC_rhoads82; 05-30-2007, 04:18 PM.

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post
    are the body shapes for the SL1T and the SL2HT the same except for the pickup configuration?
    Yes .

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
      Yes .
      Thanks! stupid question, I know. I just wanted to make sure that if the routing was done that it wouldn't look weird because the cutaway was cut differently on one of the models or something crazy I am unaware of .

Comment

Before you go all routing happy, try playing the 2 single coils together
        (toggle position #2) for when you want a neck humbucker tone. I find it makes very little difference when that is done............

Comment

Drop in a minihumbucker before you go routing

Comment

If it's,not what you want then pass on it. Buy one that you really want even if you have to wait. But DON'T BUTCHER a guitar because you don't want to wait or look more.

Comment

there were a couple of SL2HT's last week on eBay. I scored one. But I think the other, a Shattered glass did not sell. What graphic option are you looking for? +1 on what jtr said. Dont butcher up a guitar. There is a cobalt blue SL2HT which is forever listed but not selling cause the price it too high. There is also another supposedly in MINT which seems to have appeared recently. Check em out.

EDIT: its listed under PRS.
              http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-USA-Solo...QQcmdZViewItem
              Last edited by emperor_black; 05-30-2007, 06:31 PM.
              Sam

Comment

I will not be able to afford 'the one' I want because they simply are out of my budget, the only way I can get this one is if I can luck out. That's the simple case of being in a lot of debt...sometimes you have to compromise. If we all would get what we would want, each person on here would own a Jackson custom shop USA with every spec that they wanted...well me anyways! Not saying I wouldnt be happy with the pickup config as is, I just like exploring all my options first. Thanks emperor_black for the ebay links! I also live in Canada, this makes the price of a USA soloist here at $2399.99 last time i checked!
                Last edited by DC_rhoads82; 05-30-2007, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X