My 2nd Jackson arrived today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2nd Jackson arrived today

My second Jackson arrived today and I feel kind of relieved after passing up the opportunity to buy one a few years ago. Here are some pics…

About two years ago I tried one of these out at a local dealer. Although I really liked the guitar I decided to keep looking not knowing this model was discontinued. By the time I decided I wanted it, it was gone. For the last year I seriously considered ordering one from the Custom Shop, but the combination of the QC stories, long wait, and ultimately the price increase in January made me consider other options. Luckily I found this one and it appears to be in perfect condition. The tag says it went through final inspection just under two years ago. The only odd thing I noticed is the neck pickup doesn’t have the Seymour Duncan logo. The neck pickup is supposed to be a ’59, which I think it still might be but the other SLSs I’ve seen pictures of had a Duncan logo on the neck pickup. Not too worried about that as everything else seems in order. The other SLSs I remember had matching headstocks, but I don't think I've seen another in TSB. Anyways, ever since I tried one a few years ago I’ve thought these SLSs are one of the coolest guitars ever, not just for Jackson, but any manufacturer. I’m glad I found this one.
    Last edited by cookiemonster2; 06-01-2007, 08:31 PM.

That's a fantastic looking guitar. I've wanted an SLS for a long time myself, and the tobacco burst finish has really been growing on me. I made the same mistake as you did at first, passing on buying one only to find out that they were discontinued.

Oh well, maybe one day I'll get another chance, just like you did!
    sigpic

Comment

The neck PU is probably a '59 - I've seen many without the logo. Had a couple myself.

VERY nice guitar!! Congrats!

Comment

Man, thats beautiful! Nice score

Comment

Congrats! So, what was the first to arrive?

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Nice SLS! Mine has the matching headstock and logo on pickup.
            http://
            RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
            CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
            Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Nice

Comment

The TBS finish needs to re-introduced on Jackson imports.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The best guitar I've ever played was a cherryburst sls, congrats on an awesome guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
                    Congrats! So, what was the first to arrive?

joe...
                    I got one of the Copperhead SL2Hs that Matt did a while back.

The label thing didn't bother me, just made me wonder if they might have put something else in it.

I'm really happy with this thing. It's a solid tone monster. The top is amazing, the flame looks three dimensional through the finish in hand.

I wonder how many of these were made during the 04-05 period? Maybe a few hundred?

Comment

Nice Score..Congrats..

Comment

Lovely guitar mate, congrats!

Comment

Has it got a fast neck?

Comment

Originally posted by hksb_alex View Post
                            Has it got a fast neck?
                            It has a similar profile to my SL2H. Maybe a bit thicker but not like Les Paul thick.

Comment

Working...
                            X