Just got my custom shop Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjl927 View Post
    I sometimes wish they would have built all pickups with a 4-screw setup. that way, you could adjust the amount of tilt you want to match the string angle.

Carvin uses the 4 screw method.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
      Carvin uses the 4 screw method.
      They use the three-screw method. They haven't used the 4-screw method in awhile.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh, yeah, that Soloist is awesome! Great color. Congrats.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Something else looks strange on that guitar. It's a funny shape, and the knobs are on the wrong side.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
            Something else looks strange on that guitar. It's a funny shape, and the knobs are on the wrong side.

Hey, if Hendrix stayed alive, he would have moved on to a Jackson in Snow White finish!

Great color and the design just flows. Congrats
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

The p-up angle should affect tone... for example, the front pole pieces will be closer than the back pole pieces...

An easy way to fix it and make the p-up line up with the neck angle (strings) is to slightly bend the screws that hold the p-up to the ring. With the screws bent, it will cause the p-up to tilt toward the front or back when adjusted properly...of course you need to adjust BOTH screws to acheive the correct angle. Be careful not to bend the screw too much or you may cause the p-up to have a greater angle than the strings. Also, you need to see how high the screw goes into the p-up so you can bend the middle at that ares. If you bend the exact middle of the screw, it may be screwed past the bend, thus causing the bend to not do anything.

Comment

Working...
              X