1988 Jackson USA #6457

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Jackson USA #6457

The guitar came yesterday so I hadn't had time to take pictures myself so I'll just post the eBay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8986&rd=1&rd=1

Anyway, the guitar is as perfect as described in the auction. I'd say it's in 9.9 shape. The only reason I gave this a 9.9 is that the strings are not the original. The case is also in mint shape.

Overall, it guitar plays really well. The oiled neck is PERFECT, not a trace of dirt...AMAZING... The locking nut is a KAHLER which I've never seen before. I'm getting more than usual 'hum' from the it so I'll need to take a look at the insides. I'm definitely going to update the pickups so I'll do all this checking/replacing at once.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Thats nice.The mid boosts can be a little noisey.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Actually that shouldn't be a mid boost equipped Jackson. The J-100's wouldn't have come stock if it was...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yep, no mid boost. Just two tone knobs. I glad that it is setup this way so that I can maybe set it up with a je1200 system without any drilling.

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

J-100's are going to hum like a mother f'-er..... is the middle one reverse wound? If so the hum will go away if you use the middle & neck single coil together. The humbucker should be pretty quiet when it's active by itself.

Comment

Working...
          X