Custom 7-string Warrior revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom 7-string Warrior revisited

I replaced the pickups in the 7-string Warrior last night since the Distortion was just entirely too much and the Custom in the neck was entirely too little. I put a Jazz in the neck and a JB in the bridge, but the JB wasn't quite what I'd hoped it would be. The Jazz, however, was perfect.

So I put the Custom in the bridge and now this thing has balls galore.

The low-end is nice and tight and the highs really jump out rather than screech. Looks like I'm losing interest in the Distortion all around as I get older

Since I had the bridge off, I decided to remove the neck and examine the pocket.

Never seen this happen in shipping:

I've got a plan, though. I'll drill for two set pins/dowels through the pocket and heel under the neckplate. That'll keep it from shifting and will be more stable than toothpicking the enlarged holes.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Did you order that guitar by yourself, or bought it second hand?

And why all your CS guitars have bolt-on necks?Don't you think that you're being hard on yourself?
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Yep, ordered that one myself, along with the War Angel.

Bolt on = less expensive. I got 2 guitars at the same time for what most muggs were paying for just one neckthrough.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I can cut a neck-thru guitar's neck and bolt it to the body, to make it a bolt-on guitar.I'm super-creative like that

Comment

I'm trying to perfect a screw-on neck. The neck has a threaded insert in the end and there's a bolt on the end of the body. You screw the neck on and you have the unrestricted access of a neckthrough with a sculpted heel, and the neck-swapping convenience of a bolt-on.

Only trouble is getting the right number of turns so the neck ends in just the right spot.

:ROTF:

Comment

You need a screwdiver, a matchbox, a few aspirines,and MacGyver

Comment

Cool

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                So I put the Custom in the bridge and now this thing has balls galore.

The low-end is nice and tight and the highs really jump out rather than screech. Looks like I'm losing interest in the Distortion all around as I get older
                It sounds like you had many of the same complaints with pickups I had. Ultimately, I ended up swapping the ceramic magnet out for a alnico 5 (essentially creating a 7-string version of the Custom-5) in my KxK (maple neckthru, mahogany wings, ebony board), and now I enjoy all the tight punchiness of the Custom with the warmth and character of the JB.

Mike got his JB-7 rewound by Wolfetone to vintage JB specs, and it absolutely slays. I sent mine in, but now I'm waiting seven months.

There is absolutely no excuse for that from the custom shop.

Comment

Jackson and a 7 string.. it can't be better ..

\m/

Comment

I'd never deal with that either, that's not even excusable on a low end guitar let alone a $2k+ custom shop..
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by VEGETATHEPUPPET View Post
                      Jackson and a 7 string.. it can't be better ..

\m/
                      I'm jonesing for a 7 string soloist so bad right now
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                        I'd never deal with that either, that's not even excusable on a low end guitar let alone a $2k+ custom shop..
                        +1
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

got any pics of the whole guitar? Is the War Angel a 7, too?

Comment

Working...
                          X