Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member. Custom Shop Rhoads Help

Hi Nice to Meet you all

I've always dreamed in having a Custom Shop Rhoads guitar and add a very personal touch to it.

I have never seen a silverburst rhoads guitar so maybe I'll be the first one to order one

I need your opinion and help before I make my order.

First...

What guitar woods are better suited for a rhoads from your personal experiences? neck and body?

This is the guitar idea:

I also want to know how to properly name a "top" I wish it had.

I want it ala "gibson lespaul silverburst" but with a very unique and nice solid color toping. with white body bindings

I love the toping in the 7 stringed V that the member "Charlz" has (not flamed or quilted just the form... how is this called?) love how the knobs look in this top finish:

what other things should I consider while making my dream guitar?

thankyou =)

Welcome aboard!

Good luck with your custom design, first of all I can say that most Rhoads' are made of maple thru body necks with alder wings and mahonagy neck-mahogany wings combinations. You should decide which one you like more. You can make a search and find lots of threads about the tonal differences between them

About naming/deciding what finish you'll have on your Rhoads this thread may help you. It's not a Rhoads but you'll probably like the finish on that one.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70833

And here's a picture of an old silverburst soloist, this may also help. Not mine though (I can remove the pic if the owner wants me to)

Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

thanks for the pics and info!

Carved top or Quilted Maple top for this Rhoads? Don't want a flat surface

what top do you guys think would look best in my guitar idea? (must be silverburst)

your opinions and help are welcome

Comment

Carved top.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I doubt the Silverburst would look good on a figured top (the Silver would be too thick to show the grain), so I'd go with carved.

As for Charlz' V, I think that's NaturalBurst.

To get binding on the top of the body, the body couldn't have bevels on the edges like a normal Rhoads.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            I doubt the Silverburst would look good on a figured top (the Silver would be too thick to show the grain), so I'd go with carved.

As for Charlz' V, I think that's NaturalBurst.

To get binding on the top of the body, the body couldn't have bevels on the edges like a normal Rhoads.

yep the silverburst wouldn't let the wood patterns show, that's the idea actually

so carved would be the better looking choice?

the white binding will be on the sides of the body... the custom guitar maker doesn't allow sunbursts or body binding so I used white bevels to simulate "white body binding"

Comment

silverburst is the way to go .... nice!

Comment

The prototype.
                Me and my friend are designing the guitar and this is how it is looking so far!
                What do you think? I love how the white bevels look with the silverburst! great idea from my friend.
                In 2 days it will be finished and I'll be posting the progress so your help can make it change into perfection.

Opinions and Ideas would be great

PS (I know the neck pickup is placed upside down, we will fix that in the next update)

Comment

Working...
                X