Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have some simple questions... (Option Shop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have some simple questions... (Option Shop)

Can I send my pickups of choice to Jackson so they can install them?

I want some covered chrome Bare Knuckle Pickups on my Custom axe...not seymour duncan or EMGs...

Putting them myself is not a problem but it would be a nice warm feeling to see them already in my brand new guitar.

another question:
    Is it possible to order my guitar with a custom non plastic truss rod black cover? with my signature in it?

next question:
    can I order my guitar without that "custom shop" and "made in the USA" thingy on my headstock? I think it looks cheesy... (IMO)

last question:
    is there tuners that looks exaclty like the Jackson ones but with lockon feature? would like them in chrome or black metal (pickup rings would be nice in metal material not plastic)

thanx

As far as I know they can leave off the headstock logos. Only thing is that if you decide to sell it people might not believe its a custom or even a US depending on what the specs are.

Comment

Welcome Chro. I believe that those things are possible. Why not talk to a CS dealer?
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I'd at least leave the Made In USA. There's tons of Chinese companies out there that will fake a Jackson, even if it does look like a Custom Shop model.

I do believe Gotoh makes a locking version of their tuners that Jackson uses.

You might come out cheaper by sending the trussrod cover with the pickups. There's a couple of people here that can do custom stuff like that for a reasonable price, and the workmanship is top-notch.

And they'll put in whatever pickups you want, even if you send them in.
        If you want a special wiring option (splitting/phasing, etc) they can do that as well.

You can get metal pickup rings no problem. They're not as tall as plastic rings - only about 1/16" tall. Alternatively you can put those metal rings on top of taller plastic rings with no trouble.

I would strongly advise against going Custom Shop unless there's absolutely no way to convert a USA Select model to what you want. If all you want is basically an SL2H with Abalone sharkfins and your pickups and trussrod cover, I'd say save the money and get a USA Select SL2H and have those things added yourself. IMO the Custom Shop prices are entirely too high for anything that does not involve some serious woodworking (Archtop Rhoads, custom body shape, etc).
        Last edited by Newc; 06-13-2007, 06:40 AM.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Great advice Newc. I wouldn't have thought of that. I think it would come out a LOT cheaper that way as well, even after spending the money on the after-market stuff.

Comment

thankyou for the replies.

but these are just "snoby silly details" that are not important really. Just curious if it would be possible.

I'll order a unique rhoads that only the Custom Shop can create. Rhoads guitars are my favorite guitars and Jackson created the Rhoads guitar... so there is no point in looking for another CS to make it or getting a cheap alternative.

I am finishing the guitar with computer graphic programs with all the specs needed. Can I send this + the quote?

and where do you recommend me to go? any link? in Matt's store I Can't find any link for this... and the Quote is very... limiting. It would be WAY easier to build my guitar looking at my design and options of what I want.

Comment

Sure, you can have the logos removed... I just had them moved to the back of the headstock instead. And no truss rod cover rules.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Wow Xenophobe! That looks awesome. I should leave the logos but move them to the back! great idea =D!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  I would strongly advise against going Custom Shop unless there's absolutely no way to convert a USA Select model to what you want. If all you want is basically an SL2H with Abalone sharkfins and your pickups and trussrod cover, I'd say save the money and get a USA Select SL2H and have those things added yourself. IMO the Custom Shop prices are entirely too high for anything that does not involve some serious woodworking (Archtop Rhoads, custom body shape, etc).

Yes and no... having these things done aftermarket (specifically the inlays) will immediately void the warranty.

That may not seem so bad off the bat... but what about in 5 years when the fretboard starts to loosen.? Or in 10 when the scarf joint comes mysteriously undone?

Definitely something to take into consideration for a non-luthier IMO

Comment

Matt is great, and he will take care of you, if Jackson will do it then he will help you get it made. Wether Jackson will make it properly and in a timely fashion is another matter altogether though.

Comment

Working...
                    X