• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought another USA Jackson - not pink, got pics first

Should get her early next week.

Pete

SWEET!
    You on another buying binge again or what?
    -Rick

Comment

Nah, just back into Jacksons a bit... I bought four in the last month or so, haven't purchased any for awhile. I'm insanely happy with my amp and other gear, so I thought I'd get some fun axes to play.

Pete

Comment

This isn't really directed at you Pete, but I have to ask.

How do all of you afford to buy so many guitars? My income is in the $40k range, I have no kids and the car is paid off. Yet I still don't have enough to throw around on $1000 guitars.
        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post

How do all of you afford to buy so many guitars? My income is in the $40k range, I have no kids and the car is paid off. Yet I still don't have enough to throw around on $1000 guitars.
          In my case, I spend *0* household dollars on gear. Ok, every now and then I do spend a few hundred bucks, but 99% of my paycheck goes into the household account. Here's what I do:

1) I make a few bucks here and there playing gigs
          2) I make a few bucks here and there modding gear... right now I'm fairly busy modifying Randall MTS modules.
          3) I don't keep everything I buy. A lot of stuff I get needs some work - be it elbow grease, a good buffing, neck adjustment, electronics work, etc. I can work on guitars so I can buy a guitar with a few issues, invest some time and ability into it, and either have a really cheap player or sell it for current market value and make a few dollars.

There have been a few emergencies where I had to dip into my 'gear fund' to pay for household stuff, but by and large money I make when I sell gear or play gigs/etc just goes back into gear.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post

You need to get a better job...

Comment

Originally posted by psychodave View Post
              You need to get a better job...

Not to brag, but I'm just shy of six figures and still can't afford guitars at that rate.

I do have a wife and child however, and a bad hockey habit...but the desire of a custom jackson is taking over that fixation slowly.
              Last edited by stevoc; 06-21-2007, 01:26 AM.
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Working...
              X