Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am at a point in my playing where I think I want a custom made guitar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the location of the volume knob on the PC1.
    Little lower than the "standard" Jackson location, but still close enough that I can get to it with ease.
    My PC3 irritates me a bit when I switch to it from my PC1.
    It has the same control setup as the DK2.

As soon as I can get a hold of a power plainer, I'm going to re-top the PC3 and move the controls.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by psychodave View Post
      I love Jacksons, but the volume knob really gets in my way. I have compensated for it over the years, but it still is in my way. I have 2 USA soloists and I am really considering selling them and getting a custom made soloist. I really dont know what one will cost though. I am not looking for anything fancy. A soloist body, reverse maple neck, maple board, dot matrix camo paint, one push/push knob located out of the way of my picking hand. I really wonder how much it would cost?
      On a rough calculation that'll cost about 342342 gazillion dollars. And its not gonna help you within the next 1.5 years or so until you actually get the new guitar. So hiding the tone knob in the electronic cavity (dont disconnect) and putting the volume knob in its place is a worth a try, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by psychodave View Post
        There is something inside me that doesnt want to mod the guitar for my liking. I cant explain it.
        If you're thinking of modding your Bolted Steel Soloist, why not? It would blend in with the graphic well.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hell, ive always played Strats over the years and so used to them,that my volume knob on my San Dimas feels far away and no problem.

If anything. . I think the volume sits up too high. .comparing to my Strats.
          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Just an FYI I ordered a matrix camo soloist in 4custom colors at 06 pricing and paid alot for it. Cant name the price but it was 4k+ with no other super custom options just standard specs so with 07 pricing it wouldbe 5k+ at least.

Its not done yet BTW so no pics.

Comment

Working...
            X