Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO: My 1985 Soloist Custom I sold on EBay

Hi;
    I had previously owned a 1985 Soloist Custom that I'm trying to locate. I sold it on EBay several years ago to some one in Texas, if I recall correctly. It had the following specs:

Pink w platinum color
    1 EMG 58 in black, 2 EMG SA pickups
    Kahler trem
    Soloist Custom features, Ebony board and M.O.P sharkfin inlays

Some identifying features...
    The truss rod cover was cut above the Kahler nut for easier access to the rod.
    I had to scrape a small amount of paint in the lead pickup cavity to fit it.
    The upper horn had a paint chip off by the strap lock which had been glued back on.
    Serial number in the low 1500's
    The work order sheet indicates that it was originally built for Garden State Music Center in Toms River, NJ in late 1985.
    The case also had a pink skull spray painted on it, the case also had a bumper sticker on it, which I can identify.

I figure this forum is a good place to look for it, any help in finding it would be appreciated!!

Thanks, Michael

Has anybody seen this guitar?

Michael

Comment

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it, tried searching old Ebay sales.. too long ago.

I really miss it

Michael

Comment

hmm didn't Budman have a Kahlered pink soloist? He's not in TX tho. There are quite a few members tho that are that would probably buy that.

Hence, the need to keep email and paypal records from eons ago again justifies itself.

Comment

You said it... I sold it to buy the Archtop... now things are better $ wise. We've all been there.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
            hmm didn't Budman have a Kahlered pink soloist? He's not in TX tho. There are quite a few members tho that are that would probably buy that.

Hence, the need to keep email and paypal records from eons ago again justifies itself.
            No sir, you're thinking of my refinned Model 6A:

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

there was a reference in the 'chives to you having a pink soloist fed ex'd tho.

Comment

there was a reference in the 'chives to you having a pink soloist fed ex'd tho.
                Possibly a joke, because believe me, I've treid to get a few but never in my life have I owned a pink soloist -

I'd love to see a link to that reference if you still have it handy?
                Dave ->

Comment

I found it, yep, it was a joke, what's sad is I can't remember which guitar it was :ROTF: . I believe this was the archtop soloist that I got from Joel, though-kind of ironic, no?
                  Dave ->

Comment

... that you ended up with a custom kahlered pink anywho?
                    Pats in TX but I do not believe Pat would buy a pink soloist, he was more into the white bolt ons and pawn shop finds.

Comment

... that you ended up with a custom kahlered pink anywho?
                      Tom, you still drunk from last night, my friend?

Here's the thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47512&highlight=pink+soloist

I had announced I had a guitar on fed-ex coming to me and Keith had thought it was a Kahlered pink soloist and I joked: "yes, that's it, I'm steve vai!"

I HAVE NEVER OWNED A PINK SOLOIST

EDIT:

It was definitely the one I got from Joel:

Last edited by Budman68; 06-24-2007, 09:07 AM.
                      Dave ->

Comment

there's no f'n pics Dave! I take it from what I read, that 066 is a trans flametop.

Comment

Yeah, I had completed some server cleanup and never relinked those pics. Here's a shot of the 2 that I have. JA0066 is on the right and JA0003 is on the left:

Dave ->

Comment

those are both student models? wow, 003 has stunning top.

Comment

Ja0003 was featured in the 87-88 catalog on page 10 (bridge and knob were switched out).

Actually JA0066 has a nice top too but it has to be seen at a different angle:

Here's a bit of Archtop put together from Peter:

ARCH-TOP series:
                              1. Mahogany Arch-top
                              2. Flame Maple Arch-top
                              3. Select Flame Maple Arch-top
                              First model was 1680usd and had no binding, white logo, Indian rosewood and solid color.
                              Second model was 1900usd and had trans finish, maple tops, bindings, white logo and Brazilian rosewood.
                              Third model was 2400uds (!!!) and had selected flame maple tops and pearl logo (without made in USA text).
                              A Jackson tremolo added 100usd to each model's price. Only given option other than the bridge was black/brass hardware. Of course anything was available for enough money. Pickups should be J95 & J50N.

I also wanted to apologize to dobieboy on the thread hijack - good luck finding your soloist!

Last edited by Budman68; 06-24-2007, 11:10 AM.
                              Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                              X