Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want a custom shop 7 string soloist, what about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want a neckthru 7-string, also consider getting a custom-built KXK. They have a KV-shaped seven, as well as a new RG-shaped seven that I'm getting called the SII-7. Mine will have 27 frets, EMG-707s and a TOM bridge. I got a chance to play the prototype of this model, and it's fantastic. Definitely a good alternative to an overpriced CS Jackson, and much better than any production neckthru seven I've had a chance to play--which is almost every production model ever made, since I'm a gear whore.

Here's the link:

Oh, BTW, having had a chance to play eaeolian's CS Soloist-7, I can only say that if you have $5000 or so to spend, that's definitely the way to go.
    Last edited by pro-fusion; 07-03-2007, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Well I'd love to get my custom shop jackson so this is my goal.

I've owned carvins before but they just are not what I want, I want the reverse pointy head the soloist body, all that. in the meantime I'm going to buy a green UV if I can get my hands on one! that is a kilelr guitar too!

KxK huh, maybe they can build me a 7 like Karl Sanders of Nile 6 string gold dagger!! hahaha

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
        Well
        I really think my only option is a jackson, and yes these specs seem to be what I keep coming back to year after year, A soloist in slime green with the green eye inlays on a birdseye board, 7 string, reverse headstock! this is what I'm gunna go for!

I didn't think custom shops were into $6k or $7K now? that's insane!!

Chris
        Dude, lemme tell ya, I'm literally in the same boat as ya on this. I'm all about the green finish and maple boards, and in a 7 string too, but I can't justify Jackson CS prices with all the stuff I'm reading on these boards and all. I think I'm actually gonna go the KxK route, but I'm still looking at other builders too right now. Good luck to ya, and remember, PICS!

Comment

what about getting a jackson stars? They make every body shape in a 7 string.

Comment

do we have any pics or links available? I'd be down with a japanese 7 string jackson!

C

Comment

The only 7-string Jackson Stars Soloists are special runs made for the Ikebe store chain. If you go to the Ikebe site (there are threads here about doing that), you can search their online inventory and find them. After wire transfer fees and shipping, you'd end up paying about $1500 or so for a guitar about the quality of an SL3. That same amount of money is pretty close to getting into a KXK.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
                do we have any pics or links available? I'd be down with a japanese 7 string jackson!

C

They are also available as semi-customs, you can do reverse headstocks, different scale necks, etc.

Comment

Save yourself about $4000 and buy an RG8427F Ibanez J-Custom seven. It's bolt on, yeah, but still it's a killer guitar.

Comment

Working...
                  X