Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price for a KV-2?

Hello

I have a Black with white bevels KV-2 bought in March 2006. I replaced the original Duncans with a set of dual EMG 81's and I added a set of black Dunlop straplocks.

The guitar is 100% mint, no scratches, no dings, no finish wear, almost NO swirl marks. Frets are shiny as the first day and everything is just like you'd expect from a brand new guitar. I play the guitar very little. For rehearsals I use an Ibanez which is my beater guitar. This I take good care of, like, if it was a "collectible object". The case is in perfect condition as well, of course it has some little signs of wear on the corners, but it's really nothing. It has all of the "hardshell case candy", like the Jackson papers, the original silica gel packet (LOL), the Jackson "tag", the truss rod adjustment key, the Floyd hex keys (they're on the headstock actually), etc etc. It also has the Fender kit it came with (polish and microfiber cloth).

I will include 8 packs of DR strings, but they're 12's (12-52). The guitar is currently tuned down to B standard. I'll also include a small Korg tuner which came with the guitar as a gift from the store.

Now, the guitar costed me around 2200 if I recall correctly. That was without the new pickups and pickup change. the set of 81's costed me 200 bucks, and the install + professional setup was around 100 bucks. Now, these are all excluding the tax. I payed a total of 2725 ( 2500 + 9% tax $225 = $2725) more or less.

I wanted to know for how much would this guitar sell. I mean, think of it as a brand new item, really. It probably has less wear than a showroom guitar at a store. I need to get an idea since I will be putting this guitar for sale soon and need to get a price range.

Thanks guys!

anyone ? help

Comment

Well, it's now a used item and has depreciated in value since it's not really a collectable. No matter how much it cost you for the EMGs, straplocks and setup, and the other free items you'd be throwing in, I doubt you'd get anywhere close to $2000. Maybe closer to $1500 if I had to give a ballpark estimate. Then again, you could always throw it on ebay with a reserve and see how close it comes to what you're looking for.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, what Joe said really - I'd say 1500 is the tops you'd get for it I'm afraid. You don't see many with the white bevels so that will work for you, otherwise I'd say a 'normal' KV2 would go for less...
        Last edited by neilli; 06-23-2007, 01:05 PM.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

i would pay more for a stock kv2, than one with emgs, and anything thats not standard setup. strings, tuner and straplocks are just perks. why don't you go to ebay, and see how much people are getting them for. i think you can search through auctions that have ended.
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Well since you asked, I personally don't think people will like this thread at all. Because it pretty much sounds like a for sale ad to me

Edit: Wow lots of replies till I post mine
            Last edited by NextInLine; 06-23-2007, 01:14 PM.
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I'll the start the bidding at $850
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No guys it wasn't a "for sale" ad at all. As you know I live in Peru south america and I will travel to the USA in December. I will take the guitar with me to sell it there since it'd be very hard to sell it here, there are not a lot of people who would lay down that kind of cash for an electric guitar. Music here is a hobby 100%, NOBODY, even the "super famous" bands can make a living AT ALL out of music.

Yeah, I've thought of ebay, sounds like the best option. I was sure that 2000 was not going to happen, I was hoping more of a 1500 - 1800 range. I'll see what happens. I can also try craigslist.com too I guess.

Thanx for the replies!

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                  No guys it wasn't a "for sale" ad at all. As you know I live in Peru south america and I will travel to the USA in December. I will take the guitar with me to sell it there since it'd be very hard to sell it here, there are not a lot of people who would lay down that kind of cash for an electric guitar. Music here is a hobby 100%, NOBODY, even the "super famous" bands can make a living AT ALL out of music.

Yeah, I've thought of ebay, sounds like the best option. I was sure that 2000 was not going to happen, I was hoping more of a 1500 - 1800 range. I'll see what happens. I can also try craigslist.com too I guess.

Thanx for the replies!
                  You shouldn't try to sell it to the USA imo, maybe someone in Brasil or another country close to yours might grab it, if you sell it to the US it will go for a cheaper price that's for sure

Good luck..
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                    You shouldn't try to sell it to the USA imo, maybe someone in Brasil or another country close to yours might grab it, if you sell it to the US it will go for a cheaper price that's for sure

Good luck..
                    Yeah, trying to sell it in another country besides the U.S. will probably get you more money for it. Then again, you never know, someone here might just want/need to have it and be willing to offer more.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sounds good. Do you guys know if there is a "south american" version of ebay? I'm not very "ebay experienced", sorry for the ignorance

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                        Sounds good. Do you guys know if there is a "south american" version of ebay? I'm not very "ebay experienced", sorry for the ignorance
                        You can put it on www.ebay.com with worldwide shipping. If you can write a good decription with good photos there will be lots of interest in that one imo

You can also try to sell it on some other boards maybe..
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

wait, no, bad idea. no craigslist, bad. nothing but damn african scammers from Nigeria.

(fyi, no racism intended)
                          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                            You can put it on www.ebay.com with worldwide shipping. If you can write a good decription with good photos there will be lots of interest in that one imo

You can also try to sell it on some other boards maybe..
                            Does worldwide shipping necesarily implies me paying for the shipping? How does that work?

Comment

typically buyer will pay shipping...but ultimately you will get lower price. e.g. a u.s. buyer will not bid your guitar as high as there are alternatives available locally

Comment

Working...
                              X