USA Jackson Dweezil??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jackson Dweezil??

Anyone know if there was ever a Dweezil Zappa model Jackson made? I know I've seen the Dweezil model Charvels, but never a Jackson version. Thanks.

He had a Soloist in the 80's with Madonna on it.

Comment

just wondering if this is legitimate...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/357803146.html

Comment

looks legit to me. if you look at the pic with the trem claw, you can see the zappa name in there....

i wouldn't call it a "dweezil signature" model, more like the color is dweezil's color....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, that sounds about right. Run of the mill Jackson strat, but in 'Dweezil Green'....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Steve Via had that color first when he refinish his original Charvel.

Comment

thanks for all the info! i didn't think it was an original 'dweezil' model...now i know it's just something that someone painted 'dweezil (stolen from vai) green'

anyone think it's worth more than what the guy is selling it for just for the fact that it might actually be an original 'san dimas'? or is the whole 'san dimas' thing just hype?

Comment

That guitar came from the Ontario factory. San Dimas Jacksons were made in '86 with serial numbers less than 1505.
                http://www.jacksonguitars.com/resour...ialnumbers.php

Comment

Working...
                X