Ontario or Corona?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario or Corona?

I've got a USA select series WR1 that I purchased new sometime around 2003ish or so, around when the FMIC thing was going down. The S/N is U12389. Ontario or Corono...is is possible to tell? Of course I love the guitar either way.

This only a guess on my part but I think Jackson didn't move to Corona even after the Fender buy out till sometime in 2004, wasn't it? So I'm going to guess Ontario.
    I have a custom shop Soloist that was ordered/started in Ontario but I didn't recieve it till after the move to Corona. So I'm not sure what to call that one! Not that it matters.
    P.S. Nice Warrior you got there!

Rudy
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

It was some time in January 03 if I remember correctly or maybe January 04. I had an RR1T that was one of the last ones made at Ontario.

Comment

I don't think I'll come to a conclusive answer based on the year I bought it. Hell it may have hung on the wall for a year. The S/N is the only way methinks.

Comment

The date on the hang tag is the best way to find out... You won't get serial info from Jackson, and more specifically where it was built because of it.

Why does it really matter... It's the same guitar built on the same machines by the same people... nothing has changed.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That is the coolest Warrior!!! Nice axe!
            750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by nor View Post
              That is the coolest Warrior!!! Nice axe!
              Thanks man. It has an superfast oiled neck too, which you don't see too much anymore.

I guess it really doesn't matter where it was made. Of course in 20 years it might matter when "Ontario" becomes the new "San Dimas" to collectors. That is, if global warming doesn't melt all the guitars by then...

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                The date on the hang tag is the best way to find out... You won't get serial info from Jackson, and more specifically where it was built because of it.

Why does it really matter... It's the same guitar built on the same machines by the same people... nothing has changed.
                Well, technically there could have been better voltage from the substation at either facility, which affects the performance of a given machine. Also, you have to factor in the lighting at each facility - was one better than the other, thus affecting how well the worker could see what he was doing?

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Who cares!! Just look at that awesome thing!
                  then PLAY! Thats the best looking Warrior ive seen, enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Well, technically there could have been better voltage from the substation at either facility, which affects the performance of a given machine. Also, you have to factor in the lighting at each facility - was one better than the other, thus affecting how well the worker could see what he was doing?

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

Not the guy manning the drill press, they use to line up the pickup ring holes correctly as well as the neck holes... I think its Van Halen so they can justify the mark up.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                        Not the guy manning the drill press, they use to line up the pickup ring holes correctly as well as the neck holes
                        I've got a 86 SD King V, and the pickup ring holes are WAY off. The pickup rings were deformed when screwed down, and got all cracked over time. I had to fill them in with dowels and re-drill them and buy replacement rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          I've got a 86 SD King V, and the pickup ring holes are WAY off. The pickup rings were deformed when screwed down, and got all cracked over time. I had to fill them in with dowels and re-drill them and buy replacement rings.
                          So you were the original owner of the guitar and did this repair back in 86? I own a few SDs and attention to detail is outstanding but of course there are a few bad apples in a bunch.

The reason I ask is in so many years time pickups and rings get changed and just by screwing and unscrewing a pickup ring multiple times this repair would have to be done.

Comment

So you were the original owner of the guitar and did this repair back in 86? I own a few SDs and attention to detail is outstanding but of course there are a few bad apples in a bunch.
                            Man it's hard to say, the rings looked original as did the screw hole locations 10 years ago when I bought it, but I wasn't the original owner. Now you've got me wondering...

Comment

It was some time in January 03 if I remember correctly or maybe January 04. I had an RR1T that was one of the last ones made at Ontario.
                              In Jan 03 they were still in Ontario. In Mid-Jan 03 some of us JCFers went on a tour of the custom shop with Lloyd from GuitarXpress while out at winter NAMM. Therefore the move had to be 04

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X