Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Pile O Skulls

Guys,
    First let me give you some background...
    I am starting guitar over again at 36 years old. I played a little guitar but my brother took it seriously. I have helped him with tech/roadie/manager duty for his band to get in and out of every sleazy metal bar in central Ohio while we were growing up-getting a real post college career-getting married. Okay, now here's the deal.
    I recently bought an EDS DK2 to get myself back to the woodshed. My Brother owns a Jackson USA, Fender Strat USA custom, and a '78 LP custom. I would only own a Jackson. I am however to the point where I want to maybe track down a specific used USA. I do not need hang tags, NOS volume and tone knobs, and a fake Strat-looking San Dimas headstock. I want to find a sister guitar to my brothers axe. He has SN 001269. Fusion in Pile O Skulls that has green and purple tint. The graphic is only on the front. It has active electronics and oiled neck. I have only seen this graphic on a guitar that was used by Suicidal Tendencies. I have read enough "without a picture my post is worthless" so I will oblige. I will warn you though...this guitar is PLAYED weekly. It has been gigged its whole life. The screws are rusty but the finish only has one chip by the jack and a little buckle rash. Those who wipe their guitars more than they play may need to look away. It screams in a way that makes the EMO kids shrivel into the fetal position and cry for Good Charlotte. Thanks for your time and any leads on a matching guitar in ANY condition would be appreciated.
    http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/imag...ies/newbie.gif I know that this seems more like a classified ad than anything else, but I have been reading this forum as an outsider forever trying to decide between a KV1, KV2 or RR. Then I realized that I seem to be tapping into a huge part of the Jackson community So, I apologize if this seems like only a solicitation. I am really interested in the history of that graphic and what other models may have that paint. (and then of course how to get my sweaty meat hooks on one) lol
    Last edited by cabram; 06-30-2007, 11:14 PM.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...brary-0850.jpg
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...brary-0849.jpg
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...brary-0848.jpg
    I hope these work.
    Last edited by cabram; 06-30-2007, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Gross. Coming from me it must be really bad. Who is good charllete? What is emo. Are your in the right forum? Those are cool graphics, Love suicidal.
      "when people say metal, they dont think bling bling they think stainless steel kitchen knife"
      I just made that quote..

Comment

I know that this is off topic, but I am a High School teacher. As soon as kids see the Jackson screensaver on my computer, we start talking music. These kids were post Nirvana and think that a dirty/twangy Fender Jag is "rocking out". Emo and this new evolution of punk with sappy lyrics and watered down overdriven guitar makes me want to blow chunks. I ususally start with some Anthrax Among the Living-Testament -Practice What you Preach-Megadeth Peace Sells- and Metallica Master of Puppets in extracurricular music appreciation. I have kids that have traded their crapiphone import SG's and Squire wussmasters in on DKMG's and saving money for a MESA Boogie. So, my reference to Good Charlotte and the rest of those EMO bands that allow kids to be happy playing three chords sloppily is born of my juxtaposition with the uninformed youth.

Comment

now THAT is how a pile of skulls guitar should look like!!!!!

good luck finding yours
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Cabram, I have a USA Rhoads with that graphic but it is all one color as far as the skulls go, tan/yellowish. The green/purple tint on your brother's axe is cool! I think that style Pile O' Skulls is the early 90's version. I'm guessing they weren't all uniform in color because I've seen the same graphic but more white in color too. I think you need to look for an early to mid- 90's All Over Pile O' Skulls as they're called around here. Here is my Rhoads:

Rudy
            www.wickedrocks.com
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

That Rhoads is way cool. I think I may like the tan/yellowd bone color as much as my the colored. First I wanted a V, then I wanted skulls. You have the perfect solution.

The only way I can live with my EDS DK2 is to not have it in the same room as the USA. Beyond just visual differences, the body shape, neck feel, and the sound of those active pickups make me want to just say screw it and call the Custom Shop to have it replicated. I have been around other USA's and even an Ibanez USA custom (with a similar Skulls graphic -you guys have one listed here on the forum that looks very similar I think that Dan Lawrence was the artist ). Regardless of the picker, that guitar has an extra sick tone that goes from pickup mounted to a chainsaw to lead harmonic squealer in Satan's pep band. With my luck, I'll get a pretty guitar with no soul. lol

Comment

Roodyrocker, your RR is amazing! Usually guitars with graphic paintjob are kinda lame but that one is pure evil! When was it made?

Comment

I forget the serial number, I'll look it up and let you know. I'm thinking its early 90's though.
                  I love graphics btw

Rudy
                  www.wickedrocks.com
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                    I forget the serial number, I'll look it up and let you know. I'm thinking its early 90's though.
                    I love graphics btw

Rudy
                    www.wickedrocks.com
                    Great! If you ever consider selling her, let me know .

Comment

Its UO2067, made in 1992. Its against my religion to sell any of my Jacksons, sorry Ozoman the Rhoads stays with me

Rudy
                      www.wickedrocks.com
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        Its UO2067, made in 1992. Its against my religion to sell any of my Jacksons, sorry Ozoman the Rhoads stays with me

Rudy
                        www.wickedrocks.com
                        Aww, that's too bad. Gotta find me one somewhere else.

Comment

Full Pile-O-Skulls

Here is my soloist from 91 i believe. Some of the older cats on the board may recognize it from it's previous owner.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...95_18_full.jpg

Garry

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrplyr666 View Post
                            Here is my soloist from 91 i believe. Some of the older cats on the board may recognize it from it's previous owner.

Garry
                            Nice! Those older ones sure look 10 times more badass than the new Pile o Skulls.

Comment

That guitar is totally badass!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X