Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Jackson, help

Hello guys

I have the worst news someone could give. My Jackson USA KV-2 was stolen from my car's trunk last Saturday night. I live in Peru so you may be thinking "what's the point" of me telling you this, but well, I need help anyway.

I'm no expert at ebay or at any kind of internet used gear listings, so I need your help for this. The guitar would be VERY hard to sell here since the theft has been reported to the police, there's a VIDEO of the car and the thieves, etc. So I think that one of the exits would be trying to sell it online (maybe).

Just so you get the idea of the guitar, is a BLACK WITH WHITE BEVELS USA Jackson KV-2, with dual EMG 81's, Dunlop Straplocks. Here are some pictures. Please, any kind of information is 100% usable for me, so please JCFers, help me out, I'm in deep suffering right now, specially for those that know what this guitar meant for me both economically and emotionally.

serial?

Comment

Sorry Dude that sucks. I probably won't be much help but if I see anything like it on ebay and such you'll be the first to know. I'd also be willing to be that other people here will have the same attitude.

Comment

Yeah, the serial number is vitally important in this situation, as well as any other info, such as what was in the case with it (if anything).

Remember that parts attached to the guitar with screws can be easily removed/replaced to mask the appearance of a stolen guitar - especially one with a production paintjob - but the serial number can only be sanded off, which is usually a sure sign of theft.

Sorry to hear about the theft, but really, you should know better than to leave a guitar in the trunk. You can never be too tired to care about your gear.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hello again guys!

Great news! I got my guitar back !!!!!!!!!

It was an amazing display of police work, patience and determination. Right no I can't type the whole story, give me a couple days and you'll get a full review.

The only bad thing is that I lost the case candy

They took my Levi's strap (with the straplocks on), a Korg tuner, but... WORSE OF ALL, they took the Owners Manual and the Jackson paper tag. They only left the silica gel packets, the allen screws on the headstock and the 2 Floyd original trem bars (I bought one spare). They also took the big allen key, the one for the truss rod adjustment. Thank God THEY DIDN'T SAND OFF ANYTHING and there is not a single scratch or ding or nothing on it.

Is there a way of getting the Manual and the allen key from Jackson?
          Other question, will the value of the guitar decrease THAT MUCH without this stuff?

Thanks!

Comment

Great news! Glad you got it back. Can't wait to hear the story.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Very good news, such a sweet looking guitar.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

My question is why are the silicone packets still in the case?
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Great news man! Your VERY lucky!
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Damn, you are extremely lucky. Police over here could give to farts on Sunday if a guitar got stolen. Some friends of mine got all their gear stolen from where they practice and the police told them they were too busy to deal with a breaking & entry.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                      Hello again guys!

Great news! I got my guitar back !!!!!!!!!

It was an amazing display of police work, patience and determination. Right no I can't type the whole story, give me a couple days and you'll get a full review.

The only bad thing is that I lost the case candy

They took my Levi's strap (with the straplocks on), a Korg tuner, but... WORSE OF ALL, they took the Owners Manual and the Jackson paper tag. They only left the silica gel packets, the allen screws on the headstock and the 2 Floyd original trem bars (I bought one spare). They also took the big allen key, the one for the truss rod adjustment. Thank God THEY DIDN'T SAND OFF ANYTHING and there is not a single scratch or ding or nothing on it.

Is there a way of getting the Manual and the allen key from Jackson?
                      Other question, will the value of the guitar decrease THAT MUCH without this stuff?

Thanks!

I think you need a trem bar, that's all
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

That is so cool you got your guitar back dude, glad its in one piece, shame about the case candy but that stuff is readily available to replace you just need to save for it and then buy it back....

And you keep the silica gel to stop the case getting moisture inside which would be veyr bad for the guitars neck....

the gel things absorb moisture which si a necessity for me when im out and about with gutiars and bloody brittish weather means its likely to be raining...

So cool that you got teh gutiar back though.....

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                          That is so cool you got your guitar back dude, glad its in one piece, shame about the case candy but that stuff is readily available to replace you just need to save for it and then buy it back....

And you keep the silica gel to stop the case getting moisture inside which would be veyr bad for the guitars neck....

the gel things absorb moisture which si a necessity for me when im out and about with gutiars and bloody brittish weather means its likely to be raining...

So cool that you got teh gutiar back though.....
                          I take them out. Everything I've read says to do the same. Wood needs to react to the climate, inside the case and out. Thats why they put truss rods in the neck...

Some people, myself included, put humidifiers in thier cases in the winter. To help provide moisture to the wood to prevent drying due to the dry air. Those pacs block that. Take too much moisture out of the wood. Guitars need it. That's why I take them out...
                          Last edited by Bengal; 07-06-2007, 09:25 AM.
                          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Well before I tell the story:

Bengal: In Lima, Peru, we have 95% of humidity during most of the year, so I guess TOO much moisture can also damage the guitar, that's why I keep the silica gel packs.

Guys, where can I get a MANUAL/WARRANTY CARD and truss rod adjustment key? Is there a way of asking for it from Jackson/Fender or should I contact a Dealer? Help!

Okay, now, the story...

The guitar was stolen last Saturday from the trunk of my car (among other things, like car radio, sunglasses, etc). I spend the next day entirely dedicated to watching the security tapes, looking for a license plate number, but, NO LUCK.

Lima is the capital city of Peru and it's not very big, here it's not like in the USA, we don't have States or anything, we have this capital city and the rest of the country kinda depends on this place, everything turns around inside of the capital city and there are not many possibilities of selling the guitar.

Now, the thieves who stole the guitar, where "minor" theft people, meaing, these guys are used to stealing radios, cell phones, sunglasses, small stuff. When they found the huge case of my Jackson they must've said "JACKPOT!" thinking it was a keyboard (much easier to sell) or a rifle or something.

On Monday, I called THE ONLY store that BUYS and SELLS used guitars. Yeah, there's only one, and 100% of the people who wanna sell a guitar FAST, go to this place... So I called them and told them about the whole situation, sent them pics via email, detailed description of the guitar, serial #, etc.

I was very depressed, dealing with the idea of accepting the fact that I really lost my guitar for good. But, on Tuesday... the phone rang. It was a guy from the store. He told me some guy came to the store wanting to sell a guitar... MY guitar. But he didn't had it with him, he had a piece of paper with the shape of the guitar, brand, etc. The store people called me and said they gave him MY number since I was "a collector who buys expensive guitars". (oh yeah, these guys got GREEDY and that's why they're in jail right now, they wanted $ 2500 !!!). I mean, if they would've been a bit smarter and not so greedy, they could've sold it for say... $500 and that was it, fast and clean. But no... thank God.

I waited the whole Tuesday for the phonecall but nothing happened, I was getting desperate. So on Wednesday I called the store again and told them to call the thief and tell him that THE STORE was interested in the guitar, this time. I did this because apparently the thieves trusted the place and didn't wanna be in contact directly with other people. So they arranged a meeting at a place. I sent a friend of mine instead of me since I had a final exam at the time to meet them. at 11 am yesterday, they met and a couple of very creepy-looking guys came around with my guitar and showed it to him. Then, they re-arranged another meeting for later that afternoon to actually BUY the guitar. That's when I came in.

Luckily, we have friends at the police station. Here in Peru, everything works with "help", you need to have someone who is important in the Police, like, a General or something like that and he must be willing to pull some strings for you. He did. By 3 pm, we had a group of 5 police officers (dressed without the uniform, casual clothing) waiting at the place my friend was going to meet the thieves again. So, as soon as they came, carrying the big hardcase, and as soon as my buddy grabbed the case BAM! the cops were all over them, guns out, hundcuffs, etc etc. They arrested them, found other stolen stuff on their car, lots of clothing, lots of MONEY, etc. They took them in, and they gave me my guitar back. Thank god I had the original Invoice with the serial number!!!!

This is a very short version, I'm having final exams this week so I can't stay too long at the computer. I hope you like it and be happy as I am, I got my Jackson back!!!!!

Now I have to sell it

Comment

Wow, great story! Happy that it ended ok.
                              Last edited by levantin; 07-06-2007, 03:57 PM.
                              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X