Stolen Jackson, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEO,
    I know about humidity. I live in Iowa in the US and in the summer it's as humid here as it gets in the States. My contention is that the guitar needs to get adjusted to the outside conditions. That's where it's played. The pacs don't let it do that. As for too much humidity damaging a guitar, maybe if you submerged it in water. Or it had other problems like poorly glued binding. But I've never had problems with too much humidity. I usually have problems with not enough in the winter, when the air is dry...

Now to answer your other question. Don't sweat the manual and the warrenty card. Your guitar takes no monitary hit missing those items. As for the truss rod tool, does yours need the bell tool or just a regular allen wrench? I'd check your friendly neighborhood hardware store. That's where I would get one if you just need the wrench. But if not, I would try a guitar shop to find one. Or put an ad up here or somewhere like this place for one...

Great ending to this saga. Don't hear many happy endings with stories like this. Nice work...
    Last edited by Bengal; 07-06-2007, 04:01 PM.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
      I take them out. Everything I've read says to do the same. Wood needs to react to the climate, inside the case and out. Thats why they put truss rods in the neck...

Some people, myself included, put humidifiers in thier cases in the winter. To help provide moisture to the wood to prevent drying due to the dry air. Those pacs block that. Take too much moisture out of the wood. Guitars need it. That's why I take them out...
      I typically store most of my guitars in cases when not playing them, and I keep the silica gel packs in them. I've never seen anything that says otherwise.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I lived in Medillín, Colombia for a while. I can't believe that you got it back. that's awesome.

Comment

Well that's a great story but no way a final examination could keep me from going there!

I'd go and try to shove the guitar up their asses, motherfuckers!..
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            I typically store most of my guitars in cases when not playing them, and I keep the silica gel packs in them. I've never seen anything that says otherwise.
            I'm not going by anything I've read, just what I've heard. (I did say "read" before, don't really know why) Both professional gutiar repair shops here have told me that. One guy knows his shit, one guy is kinda full of it. But what they said was what I said before. It draws moisture out of guitars. Makes fretboards very dry, not really a good thing. The guy that knows what he's talking about said he had a guitar with a cracked ebony fretboard because of this. I didn't see it but I tend to take him at his word. I think they are put in there before the guitar is. More to keep the moisture out of the case to prevent smells and whatnot...

But to each his own. I pitch them every time I see them. I think I remember reading that they have some kinda shelf life. They don't last forever...

Am I the only one that puts humidifiers in thier cases in the winter? I gotta do that or sharp fret ends galore...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I wonder how much they're gonna get for it. Jailtime for worthless scumbags!
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

awesome, man. i was so sad for you when you first posted this. i didn't say anything because i knew i couldn't help!!! i am really happy you got it back!!!
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

AWESOME STORY! Glad you got your King V back!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's great u got your V back. I wasn't expecting a happy ending when I clicked on this thread!
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Congrats on getting that one back! On a side note, I normally write my address/email/phone number/name on a piece of paper and tape it to the inside of the cavity plates. I got the idea from the original guitarist of Free, who had his London apartment address inside his Les Pauls. Then, if there's a problem and you don't have receipts of sale to prove ownership, tell the cops (or the store) your name and that it's written inside the plates...
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks for the support and interest guys, I'm really happy and I wish I didn't have to sell this guitar, now it has a "story" of it's own, but well, it's either keeping it or not getting my 2 Rico's. I can't cancel one since I'll loose the advance payment so, yeah, too bad.

I was so willing to kick the shit out of the thieves, so eager that the cops had to calm me down and take me to another room and wait. The idea was that my face or name was not to be seen by them at any time, since thieves have the habit of taking vengeance on this kind of stuff.

Comment

Wow, great story and I'm glad you got her back. Sounds like something out of a movie!

Regarding your manual and stuff, I'd contact Fender Customer Service and maybe even send them a copy of your story on the recovery. I'll bet JCMI/Fender will send you out what you need. Maybe, you only would have to pay the shipping. If I was was JCMI, I'd send it for free as a goodwill gesture!

Maybe even some extra Gel Packs too
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Awesome story indeed! Congrats on gettting in back!

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                            On a side note, I normally write my address/email/phone number/name on a piece of paper and tape it to the inside of the cavity plates.
                            That's a very good advice! I'd never thought of that! I'm gonna put some stickers into my guitars next time I pull them apart...under the pickups etc. .

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                              Wow, great story and I'm glad you got her back. Sounds like something out of a movie!

Regarding your manual and stuff, I'd contact Fender Customer Service and maybe even send them a copy of your story on the recovery. I'll bet JCMI/Fender will send you out what you need. Maybe, you only would have to pay the shipping. If I was was JCMI, I'd send it for free as a goodwill gesture!

Maybe even some extra Gel Packs too
                              Yup, I already e-mailed Fender, the e-mail was [email protected] or something like that. It was THE ONLY e-mail address I could find on their website. Why are they so "reserved" as for e-mails or phone numbers? It felt like if I was looking for the President of the USA's e-mail address! I mean, Jackson doesn't even have an e-mail address, does anybody here know a GOOD email address for me to ask them?

Comment

BTW it's

[email protected]

Contact the President, Vice President, get help with a Federal Agency, or request a Presidential Greeting.

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X