Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good points of the KE2 (deciding on a gtr.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
    I know, that's intentional. I want the actual _users_ of the guitar to tell me what's great about it.
    I have a Ke-2 and anything that makes a USA Jackson great is great about the Ke-2 too The neck, feel, construction etc etc. plus the shape is the coolest ever imo
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Jemsite's main arguments:
      -5 piece neck is more stable than the quartersawn necks (not sure)
      -Edge Pro stays in tune better than OFR
      -Much better fretwork
      -smooth neck finish on the jem definitely beats the finished jackson necks (I can agree)

----
      what do ya'll have to say about that? true or false?
      Answering respectively;

- Never had any problems with the stability of either neck. However, the Kelly resonates soooooooo much better. The Jem feels inanimate in my hands.
      - Sorry Ibanez enthusiasts but IMHO the edge pro is not a good bridge. On all the Ibanez's I've played/owned, I've never liked it. If you're looking for a floyded guitar get a Floyded guitar. (I like hardtails, what do I know )
      - Jackson USA fretwork is top quality. No problems here!
      - That is a matter of choice. I prefer painted necks, both for the feel and because I think they look better.

It's a matter of taste, preferences and style. Get the axe that suits your need better. They are both top quality in materials and workmanship, have no fear.

Happy hunting!
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Kelly user has laid down all the best differences.
        Adding one more, a very important one...
        Basswood / Alder

IMO basswood is crap! I owned a basswood Ibanez earlier and something was missing about the tone. Then got into mahogany guitars, still something's missing. Alder nails the "metal" cutting-thru the mix tone.

KE-2 is my choice. The vine inlays look cheap and the fretwork is no where close to the US made guitars. Also, the looks!

But before you ask this question KE-2 or JEM, have you considered the fact that if you want a new Jackson AND if the one you like is not in stock with the dealers, then one last difference

12 months or more wait time / almost immediately available
        Sam

Comment

they're completely different guitars, hard to substitute each other if you know what you need.

imho, if you fancy both, buy the one you like the most and then buy the other one as well whenever possible

Comment

And don't forget the price/value-thing...
            USA Jackson = worth every cent.
            JEM=way too overpriced > See the low-end specs.
            IMO a JEM should not cost more than $US 500. (200 the guitar + 200 the PUs + 100 profit margin)

Comment

To me those are really incomparable axes, because they have very different , feel, tone and overall idea behind them. And depending on taste and priorities both have pros and cons.

And I must make one important notice: White JEM7V has an ALDER body.
              Because I don't say it
              Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by Carbophos View Post
                To me those are really incomparable axes, because they have very different , feel, tone and overall idea behind them. And depending on taste and priorities both have pros and cons.

And I must make one important notice: White JEM7V has an ALDER body.
                +1. totally agree.

Comment

Kellys are just cool. A souped-up Explorer. I'm sure the Jem's a cool guitar, too, but for me this would be a no-brainer. But, yeah, if possible you should try them both out and decide for yourself. Getting advice from others is helpful, but your's is the only opinion that really matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Thwap View Post
                    Game, set, match....
                    you play tennis........ :ROTF:
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                      you play tennis........ :ROTF:
                      And you knew what it meant...

So you either play...or watch it.:ROTF:

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses so far! I told jemsite your main arguments, and
                        they say that "the holes drilled on the neck don't affect the stability too much because the neck is already very stable (5 piece). Fret access is much better on the JEM because of the all access neck joint. And the fact that the controls are front-loaded doesn't mean that it has less wood, the routing is the same size as rear-loaded guitars."
                        -------------------
                        Yep, the JEM7V is alder
                        Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                        Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                        Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by Thwap View Post
                          And you knew what it meant...

So you either play...or watch it.:ROTF:
                          i am an avid player of tennis. only non ghey sport out there. the rest involve male on male touching, which i'm not in to.
                          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses so far! I told jemsite your main arguments, and
                            they say that "the holes drilled on the neck don't affect the stability too much because the neck is already very stable (5 piece). Fret access is much better on the JEM because of the all access neck joint. And the fact that the controls are front-loaded doesn't mean that it has less wood, the routing is the same size as rear-loaded guitars."
                            -------------------
                            Yep, the JEM7V is alder
                            hmmmm......... one, the hole do affect stability, it creates a weak point. it is an area prone to breakage. Tell that to slash........ ehhhh....... ....they can't be serious. . meh, your cashola..........

Comment

What say the jemsiters regarding said "gheyness" concerns raised by kellyuser?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                                What say the jemsiters regarding said "gheyness" concerns raised by kellyuser?
                                Read post #26
                                Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                                Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                                Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Working...
                                X