Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good points of the KE2 (deciding on a gtr.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

derick castillo+ donna, texas+ redskins
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
      looks cool, and it is not an IbenHAD. and its american. support our economy bitch!
      Since Ron isn't here, it's up to me to teach you how to spell.

IBeenHad.

Duh.

The Kelly is just Fucking SEXY!. Mine is completely blacked out. All black, black hardware and fretboard, with just those awesome MOP inlays glowing in the darkness. It just screams METAL! It could be a model in a Victoria Secret mag. The shapely curves of the body.

The Jem (other other IBeenHads for that matter) make me think of Guitar Virtuoso's like Via or Satch. Great playing, but no emotion, so I don't get into it as deeply as metal.

It depends on what inspires you the most.

And I agree that I don't like someone else's trademark guitar, with the exception of Lynch and the tigerstipes.

Comment

This kelly looks killer to me. Not my auction of course, anyone on the JCF own this one?

Someone else pointed out that a lot of the Mike Learn guitars are really select series guitars with custom paint. Not this one though, Mike Shannon built it (according to the auction).

Comment

I'll admit, I was leaning towards the JEM, but after seeing that KE. :drool:
          Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
          Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
          Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
            I'll admit, I was leaning towards the JEM, but after seeing that KE. :drool:
            Hey kelly user, a bit off-topic, but any idea what that used Shannon kelly is worth?

Comment

no, but i'll throw in my .02, which according to ron is useless. any guitar is worth as much as much as you want to pay for it. the shannon kelly is a USA select series with a fancy paint job. IMO USA selects are too expenisve to start with. but if that paint cost more than 300 over the base cost, its too damn expensive.
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

no, but i'll throw in my .02, which according to ron is useless. any guitar is worth as much as much as you want to pay for it. the shannon kelly is a USA select series with a fancy paint job. IMO USA selects are too expenisve to start with. but if that paint cost more than 300 over the base cost, its too damn expensive.
                Hmm....Mike Learn painted it, but Mike Shannon (senior master builder) built it. Aren't the Shannon sig guitars the cream of the crop?

Comment

the shannon kelly is a USA select series with a fancy paint job.
                  I've got a cousin named Shannon Kelly. :ROTF:
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    Hmm....Mike Learn painted it, but Mike Shannon (senior master builder) built it. Aren't the Shannon sig guitars the cream of the crop?
                    he didn't sit down, with a chisel and carve the thing, he used all the same CNC and whatnot that the USA select do, although it might have a little more attention to detail.
                    they usually only call in mike shannon and pablo, when ever their is a hardcore wood working to be done. plus there is a surcharge on when ever they have to call in the big boys.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      I've got a cousin named Shannon Kelly. :ROTF:
                      :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
                        Yeah, uh, unless Shannon is like a guy and stuff...

Comment

No, she's a chick. I don't have pics, though.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            No, she's a chick. I don't have pics, though.
                            Does she know ANYTHING about guitars?!? Maybe you could forward this thread to her for review....we are at post #57 with no answers to anything!!!!

Comment

She's got no clue about guitars. Though, she is cute.

Comment

he didn't sit down, with a chisel and carve the thing, he used all the same CNC and whatnot that the USA select do, although it might have a little more attention to detail.
                                they usually only call in mike shannon and pablo, when ever their is a hardcore wood working to be done. plus there is a surcharge on when ever they have to call in the big boys.
                                Very interesting. I'm not completely surprised about the Shannon statement. The select series guitars are soooooooo damn good, there's probably not a whole lot of room for improvement IMHO.
                                _________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X