Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good points of the KE2 (deciding on a gtr.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok...here is where i get tarred and feathered! I own...CS HRF Charvel..
    EVH Art Series... Jackson PC-1... Jackson Dinky Saturn...Ibanez Floral 89'
    model... and my shred machine? The one that cuts thru? Has nearly
    the same sustain as my battery PC-1? The one i always grab for tapping?
    Definition, and clarity...and metal tone? My $400 tension free neck
    Ibanez USA CUSTOM! Damn... Low pro bridge stays in tune perfectly
    (And on the 89' Floral)... Thin necks are the fastest ive ever played on...
    Sure the tone is a bit thinner than my CS Charvel...but each string
    sings, and cuts thru. You hear every single tiny note and pick attack
    in the DiMarzio's...Plus you can EQ them to have a ton' o balls! Pisses me off really...but im about to buy the Vai
    Chrome Jem7 or the white with gold hardware Jem 7wh because of it!
    I do feel that overall the Jacksons are a touch higher fit and finish...
    but only a touch. I couldnt find a flaw anywhere on the $2000 JEM's?
    And as for reliability? That 89' JEM Floral is still perfect with no issues..
    but then my 92' Saturn is perfect too...so buy whichever one floats
    your boat! Im about to be banned on this forum !

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      She's got no clue about guitars. Though, she is cute.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I think I've settled with the KE2. Phew! I'll have to try them both though.
        Thanks!
        Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
        Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
        Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Ok, here goes. Might aswell throw in my opinions. I haven't had the chance to play any USA jacksons or high-end jacksons so I won't slant the KE-2 in any way (I'm actually setting out to buy a USA RR1 very soon), but I do own a Jem7vwh.... When it comes to playability and feel, I love the satin neck finish and the neck is pretty thin. I have a 97 model with ebony board so it does sound a little darker than the newer rosewood models. As far as pickups, the dimarzio evolutions sing quite nicely, although I have been using x2n's in my more recent guitars so there's a higher output there than evos. As far as the finish of the vwh, haven't had any trouble and the alder body is very light...(and for those wondering the handle is useful). The edge-pro trem is very stable, although a downside worth mentioning is because of the gold hardware, the gold rubs off very easily after time if you're not wiping it down after you use it. I bought mine used in mint condition for less than the price of an RR5. I will say they are tremendously overprices new in stores, but then again what isn't? My advice, try em both out and see what you dig. If you've got the cash or manage to score a good deal, buy which one you will be happiest with, it's your hard-earned money. It comes down to playability first, looks are for the people watchin ya
          Last edited by DC_rhoads82; 07-11-2007, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DC_rhoads82 View Post
            . I have a 97 model with ebony board so it does sound a little darker than the newer rosewood models.
            Really?

I've never found ebony to sound darker than rosewood. Ebony IME lies somewhere between rosewood and maple on the "brightness" scale.

Comment

ahh sorry. Meant to say ebony board helps cut through the mix more (more clear). I remember it sounding darker because I have it tuned lower right now. Sorry for the mental lapse...im sitting in math class right now

Comment

They're both sweet guitars, just very different. I played a trans-green KE-2 at my local shop a couple months back and was really digging it until I asked for a strap to try it standing up, then nosedive......

Killed it for me.
                Last edited by jwoods986; 07-13-2007, 01:51 PM.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

The KE2 tips as well? I thought it was only the KE3 that tipped. :O
                  Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                  Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                  Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Working...
                  X