Independence Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independence Day

Eh..I'm a day late but I was gone yesterday.

Here's to the Red White & Blue. Happy Birthday America! Jackson Style....

Left to Right. RR0051, RR0150, RR0242
    Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 07-05-2007, 03:58 PM.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Oh those are nice, I like RR0150 the most. I remember seeing it somewhere might be evil-bay

More pics?
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
      Oh those are nice, I like RR0150 the most. I remember seeing it somewhere might be evil-bay

More pics?
      Yes correct, Actually I got it based on the ebay auction....RR0150 is/was always one of my dream Jacksons. When it came up for sale on ebay 2 things helped me get it.

1) It was way overpriced to start with
      2) A LOT of the so-called Jackson 'experts' on the net slagged it off as not real, ugly, phishy story etc.

I approached the original owner Eric Von Theumer (see pic from 1984 catalog below), a former Jackson employee after the auctions ran and bought it...I paid him a fair price.

I have a ton of personal sentimental history with this guitar which is why it is so special to me. My favorite local band from '83-'85 was 'Blitzkrieg'...must've seen them 50 or more times live, always drooling over this Jackson.

Here's a couple of shots I took in '85 at 'The Timbers', a local Glendora club, literally 3 blocks from the old San Dimas facility! Eric with RR0150.

The back of the '84 catalog. Eric, front & center bottom row.
      Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 07-05-2007, 04:59 PM.

Comment

The red pickup is original? It looks like Eric has it in the pics you took? What pup is it?

The guitar is freaking bad ass. I love the red sharkies.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
          The red pickup is original? It looks like Eric has it in the pics you took? What pup is it?

The guitar is freaking bad ass. I love the red sharkies.
          Yes....Eric had custom ordered it from Duncan (it's a JB) but it did not arrive until after the guitar was finished...so it left the factory with a black Duncan Invader! Later Eric put an EMG 81 in it...that was what was in it when I got it.

Here's another pic where you can clearly see the red Duncan.

Here's what that guitar SOUNDS like recorded! A little Blitzkrieg for you ...while these don't quite capture the excitement and power of the band live...it's all I've got. 'First Strike', 'Ready for Action', 'Young Forever' and 'Misbeliever'.

Try & keep in mind this was recorded in 1985!
          Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 07-05-2007, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
            Eric with RR0150.

Hey, he's cute!

I listened to one mp3, pretty cool tone there! Really takes me back to the 80s!
            Last edited by RacerX; 07-05-2007, 05:36 PM.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That is one bad ass RR. Nice score. It's nice to see someone lust after something for so long then finally get the chance to own it. Great story...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Hey, he's cute!
                Fuckin' A skippy...I certainly ain't gay but that dude attracted pussy like flies to a dead tuna on the beach!

They drew 300+ to EVERY show and 80% were chicks..the rest were guys like me standing in the back with their arms folded just blown away.

Believe it!! All of the local musicians were in awe of him back then... dude could PLAY.

Here's the back cover of their EP...Heh...funny NOW but back then!!!

Left to Right: Jeff Wills(D), Don Ross(V), Eric Von Theumer(G), Jeff Johnson(G) (R.I.P.), Neil Moore (B)
                Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 07-05-2007, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Wow. All 3 of them are cool.

Comment

WOW...awesome trio Curt! I'm in love with 0051!
                    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                    RIP Dime

Comment

Damn, that white and red RR is the coolest RR I have ever seen.

Comment

"Produced by Ron Keel" -- you'd have never guessed that by how they look... Holy "Right to Rock" JUNIOR!!

Comment

Awesome set of Rhoads and cool backstory. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great story, and very cool guitar..congrats!

Comment

awesome pieces of history, the other 2 are the 'Warrior' Rhoads -es?

Comment

Working...
                              X