Opinions Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions Needed!

Alright so I'm having a problem guys. I've got the choice right now between either the SL1 Snakeskin USA or the KE2 USA and since I don't know the exact differences between the two I was hoping someone on here could help me out. I've played solists before and I know that they're amazing but I've never played a Kelly but from what I've heard they play alot like a Soloist. So if you guys could give me you're opinion it would be much appriciated.

A soloist is strat shaped and a kelly is hourglass shaped big difference in my book.The kelly when playing standing up the top point of the bodytips forward.The kelly's feel pushed to the left to me.I had to relocate the front strap button to make it more comfy.The USA kellys have a rear strap button in a higher location than the imports so it hangs differently.Both are great guitars I prefer an early soloist wth a Kahler or a top mount floyd.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You had me at snakeskin!!! get the SL1

Comment

+1 for the SL1

Comment

I would go for the Kelly.
          Have a Kelly in Snakeskin finish myself
          IMO the snakeskin finish suits the Kellys and the V's best, does not look as good on a strat shaped guitar. But the soloist is an awesome guitar as well, so you basically have to choose witch shape you prefer.

Comment

+1 for snakeskin.

but if you choose the kelly, let us know how to get the snakeskin.
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
              +1 for snakeskin.

but if you choose the kelly, let us know how to get the snakeskin.
              Since it's a USA Select option, you'd get it the same way you'd get it on any other USA model.
              Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
              X