Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Mysterious Jackson Model?

Guys,

Does anyone know what model this is from Jackson, this Mexican Rock band are my friends and the guitar player is a close friend of mine. Thought maybe someone knows, this guitar player has some mad skills, he also owns a yellow Kramer Paul Dean he uses all the time at concerts.

http://www.cduniverse.com/images.asp...lo+De+Ellos+CD

Some of you may think why don't you ask your friend what model it is right? He lives out in California and plays almost every night, besides it somewhat hard to contact him due to the fact that he's mostly on tour.
    Now that CD album that you saw in the photo, was recorded back in '92. I really doubt he even has that Jackson anymore, far less knows exactly what model it was especially since it was sometime ago. One time I took my family out to see his show, and he put on such a performance, I'm talking this guy could easily blow Santana out of the water with ease. Anyway, the reason I'm asking is because I think it's a cool guitar, and one day I would like to own one if possible.

Thanks!

- Rick

Hard to tell with all the glare, but with the pickup config and the location of the neck pup, it looks like a Soloist, possibly a Pro series.
    Can't see the end of the headstock, but its got sharkies.
    -Rick

Comment

the headstock looks unusually thin near the point. Could be the glare.

A Jackson professional??
      Sam

Comment

blowing it up, it looks like a 24 fret bolt-on. H-S-S with a bound neck. Spacing of those single coils is quite close together. It looks like the writing after the Jackson logo is about long enough to say "Professional". And writing on the truss rod, which isn't usual for a US guitar, although it could obviously have been replaced.

There is something weird going on with the end of that headstock though.

I'm gonna guess it's a Fusion PRO, made in Japan in the early 90s
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Could be a Dinky XL.

Comment

Gary, Fusion PROs have a mini switch.

CC, do you know if it was a bolt-on neck or a neckthrough? If the latter, I'm gonna say Soloist PRO or Soloist XL.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Gary, Fusion PROs have a mini switch.
              Not all of them... I had a really nice Pro Fusion XL that didn't have the mini switch.

Comment

ah, my bad, Ron. Did any of the XLs have binding?

I believe it's bolt-on. If you blow the pic up, it looks like you can see the maple neck heel above the lower cutaway. Plus I think the single coils are too close together for a 25 1/2" scale guitar, which is why I suggested Fusion

Chris, the Fusion PRO had one because it had the preamp onboard, the Fusion XL didn't
                Last edited by VitaminG; 07-14-2007, 05:40 PM.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                  Not all of them... I had a really nice Pro Fusion XL that didn't have the mini switch.
                  Ah, grasshopper, you are getting Proconfused!

XLs are Professional, but not PRO.

Remember: all PROs are Professionals, Not all Professionals are PROs.
                  Geddit?

(I refer to ebony-boarded Professionals as "PRO" and I encourage everybody else to)

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  ah, my bad, Ron. Did any of the XLs have binding?
                  The Soloists did, yes. IIRC the only diff between Soloist PRO & Soloist XL was the fretboard material, maybe a different trem. But, in this case, that is all moot because of your following observation:

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                  I believe it's bolt-on. If you blow the pic up, it looks like you can see the maple neck heel above the lower cutaway. Plus I think the single coils are too close together for a 25 1/2" scale guitar, which is why I suggested Fusion
                  Yes, I saw that, too. (After I wrote Soloist)

Also, don't anybody say "no, it ain't a Fusion cuz no horn scallop" as Trans finished Fusions didn't have the scallop.

-Professor Professional
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hm, not sure if its a bolt-on or neckthru guitar.

All I know is that it's a great sounding Jackson even the finish and details are nicely done! Spectrum Designed By Jeff Beck...

Comment

Working...
                    X