Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt-on Warrior neck?

Hey guys,

I'm not as savvy in Jacksons--hope you can help out here. I bought this neck to put on my USA Dinky project; the seller said it came off a bolt-on custom shop Warrior. Does this look like a USA neck to you? To me this neck looks a lot like the Japanese Dinky necks, albeit with a different headstock veneer? I hope this thing fits--seems the neck pocket depth is different on USA vs Japanese models.

Thanks!
    George

Nobody knows? Help me out, guys. I mean, it looks fine to me but is it normal not to have a luthier joint? (or at least it seems that way)

Thanks!
    George

Comment

I vote WRMG with a Made in USA sticker. Custom shop my ass.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Agreed, the "Made in USA" decal looks crooked on there IMHO.

Comment

That's what I am afraid of, paid a lot for this one.
          The headstock does look pretty good to me:

But the rest of it looks a lot like an WRMG, yeah.

George

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            Agreed, the "Made in USA" decal looks crooked on there IMHO.
            Good point. Wow, I think I fell for a fake... But, this neck is on the way and I guess I have no choice but see if it fits.
            Thanks guys.

George

Comment

Unfortunately I think thats a fake. Additionally it doesn't say Custom Shop. Unless specified all custom shops guitars say it on the headstock. Come to think of it I don't recall seeing any black writing customs. MOP is the standard unless you specify abalone. Once again sure you COULD ask for the black writing but thats way to many coincedences.
              Last edited by Chrisb; 07-17-2007, 12:42 AM.

Comment

No luthier joint? If you mean scarf joint..... there is one on there.WRMG in my opinion (note piranna inlays) not a USA neck but import necks are great necks.
                Neck pocket depth should be the same.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by AimingHigh View Post
                  That's what I am afraid of, paid a lot for this one.
                  Ah, ya big dummy!

At least PM me first.

How much didja get reamed for?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You paid about 400? How much?
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I've never seen a WRMG in natural finish with matching headstock... did they exist? Is that a quilt pattern?

Apart from the crooked decal this neck looks really nice to me. Of course it would be a pity if you overpayed for an import neck, but lets hope that at least the neck is as nice as it looks.
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Thanks guys. Still hoping this is a weird USA neck since it has the natural headstock, but you're the experts. I would always see people make this kind of mistake on the KramerForum--people would buy an import without doing the research first--and now I make that mistake myself.
                        Paid close to 4 bills, yeah.
                        I'll have an "inspection report" once it shows up guys.

Thanks all!

George

Comment

Yeah, no scarf joint and cant tell if its 1/4 sawn or not ???
                          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

I'm not seeing a scarf joint. Could be a Custom Shop, but it seems a complete waste of money for a Custom if whoever ordered it got what amounts to a USA-made WRMG (then again, maybe all the money went to the body and the neck was every cheap option until he could get the neck he wanted for it?)

Then again, what happened to the heel? I shouldn't be that white unless all the build info was sanded off or the neck was refinished with the heel masked off.

Anyhoo, if someone's plastering USA logos on imports, it's time for a good old fashioned witch hunt, complete with burnings.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Update: I got the neck in late last week. I knew it was going to be bad news because I could smell nitro as soon as I opened the box.

Yes it is a fake--a maple veneer glued on a Japanese neck. It's not perfectly done--you can see the glue line and the headstock face isn't perfectly buffed out. Also the finish on the neck has been sanded off to give the impression it's a USA neck, but it remains in some places.

Btw the scarf joint is there, it's just hard to see in the pic there. Identical construction to a 90s Professional Dinky I have.

The bad news: seller won't take it back because it wasn't an ebay transaction; worse news: it doesn't fit my USA Dinky, different pocket depth.

George

Comment

Working...
                              X