1988 Ltd Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Ltd Edition

So I popped into this little music store and saw a "limited edition 1988" Jackson. Bolt on neck, 1 angled single & one hum (looked like perhaps actives w/ Jackson logo on them) & scallopped upper frets (probably 19 onword, didn't count em)

It had a licensed floyd on it and a very strange trem routing- the route was taken all the way off the end of the guitar- it was like the mouth of a river. Just ran off the back end of the body.

Said "Made In USA" "Limited Edition 1988" on the headstock (reverse) and a block inlay "Limited Edition 1988" on the 12th fret. No sharkies- rosewood fretboard, little dot inlays on the upper half of the fretboard, not centered. San Dimas on the neck plate, serial 88178.

Anyone know much about these? I'm ready to ask the inevitable "what are they worth" question but I haven't had much luck figuring out exactly what it is.

EDIT: THE POWER OF THE SEARCH FUNCTION COMPELLS YOU!

That's it, exactly it EXCEPT the one I saw has pickup covers w/ the Jackson logo on em. They're asking $950. Do I jump? It had a gouge in it down to the wood next to the trem, but otherwise looked pretty tight.

Thanks

Vass
    Last edited by Vass; 07-22-2007, 03:10 PM.

OK

All the details you listed are stock factory.

$950 is high.....Between $700-$750 is about right.

Cash talks...whip out the dough and let them take a gander.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Thank you very much for your response! Since it's taken a bit of a beating I'm thinking I'll pass....

GAS hurts.....

Vass

Comment

Ya $950 is WAY for one of those

Matt

Comment

Working...
        X