Final Specs!! CS Rhoads Help: Need "Archtop RR 2980" specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    Just curious, why do you/others prefer to have "custom shop" omitted from the headstock? I've heard that before. "CS" looks kickass to me, and it can only pump up the resale value (not that anyone should sell their Jacksons...). It's not a big deal of course.
    I think it just looks classier without it.

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, I think the use of Korina would make it a Masterbuilt, an automatic 2k increase + the cost of wood. I wouldn' be suprised if a guitar like that would MSRP of around 8k now. That would mean a street price of around 5k. That's alot of money for a Jackson.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

-Master Built? What exactly does that mean? Price is no problem... I'm not a rich guy, but I've been saving alot to have my dream axe.

-I use the neck pickup alot! So I will find it kind of hard to get used to this setup... Maybe the tone knob will become my new best friend? I was thinking in placing a neck pickup but... it wouldn't look as sexy

White Nut or Black nut? which would look better with my options? I'm thinking white... opinions?

Comment

I'm not sure if wood choice would push it into masterbuilt - my understanding is that was simply more involved / unusual options in terms of the skills needed to build the guitar.....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            I think it just looks classier without it.

Very classy indeed

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              I'm not sure if wood choice would push it into masterbuilt - my understanding is that was simply more involved / unusual options in terms of the skills needed to build the guitar.....
              There used to be a CS price guide posted, but it's not up as far as I can find it.

That was a big complaint it wasn't complex things that made it a masterbuilt. Things like wood choices/binding/colors made it an upgrade.. I know a flamed maple neck made it masterbuilt, and I would bet Korina would definately make it.

I know you may want this to be your dream guitar, but keep in mind it may take 2 years to get, and cost you over 5k and if you ever want to sell it. You will take huge hit on it.

Don't shrug off the resale it comment. Alot of people sell off their CS guitars after waiting a long long time to get it. What you want in 2007 may not be what you ant in 2009.
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

and also, think Really Really hard about the one hum idea.

i'd hate for you to kick yourself for spec-ing out your dream guitar, then hating it's sound limitations, or that it didn't have a neck pup.

obviously you know, you can't take chances on shit like this.

best of luck, bro. this axe sounds like an awesome guitar.

Comment

Thankyou all SO much for all the info!

and you know what? you are also very right with the 1 humbucker thinking. I should make it as I'm used to play... and I use the neck pickup ALOT! Need both hums in my playing to be satisfied.

Would 24 fret + 2 humbuckers look ok on the guitar I'm planning? The killswitch space would be a Switch and the volume would remain in the same position. Only knob would be Volume now and what switch color would look sexy?

[First post updated with new specs]
                  *white korina neck and body
                  *2 pickups
                  *pup-switch instead of Tone Knob
                  Last edited by Chromatic; 07-24-2007, 12:46 AM.

Comment

It will look awesome man!
                    For the knob color, I would choose simple black. That's the easiest thing to change later.
                    Good luck!

Comment

Yeah, if you use the neck pickup alot like you say, you DEFINITELY need to get one on your dream axe or you will kick yourself afterwards. If you can't use the guitar for alot of what you want to play, it will be a real downer.

I remember when I bought my COW DK6 I knew damn well about the limitations, and intended to use it only for downtuned deathmetal... guess what, as soon as it came to recording, I wish I had a neck pickup on the DK6 for solos.

I also think your guitar wouldn't look bad at all with 2 hums, my Rhoads and every KV2 on the planet have 24 frets and 2 hums... looks great.
                      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Does the heel need to be that thick? Seems twice what is needed?
                        I mean thats a tank back there! Talk about no neck twist problems.
                        for years? How come ESP can transitions so much more smoothly?

Comment

Originally posted by Chromatic View Post
                          Would 24 fret + 2 humbuckers look ok on the guitar I'm planning?
                          It will, don´t worry The pickups will just be closer each others than usually. Here is one 24 fret RR with two pickups:

And one 24 fret RR with one pickup (BTW: the volumeknob is push/pull and I use it just like miniswitch to put on and off my JE-1000 active electronics)

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
                            There used to be a CS price guide posted, but it's not up as far as I can find it.

That was a big complaint it wasn't complex things that made it a masterbuilt. Things like wood choices/binding/colors made it an upgrade.. I know a flamed maple neck made it masterbuilt, and I would bet Korina would definately make it.
                            I just got a copy of the pricing and yeah, you're right - Korina is an MB only option. As are Poplar, Plain Maple, Korina (paint grade), Lacewood, Koa (not figured) and Korina (trans finish grd). Obviously figured Koa doesn't seem to be an option.... also, anything in terms of a 'top' other than a veneer are MB only.
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looks very good with 2 humbuckers

Just thinking about the nut... black or white? mmm...

I hope the stop tailipiece looks good. Hope it stays on top of the arch...

- Wouldn't making it a Master Built be faster as an order? or better built quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Chromatic View Post
                                Very classy indeed
                                Can't argue, that does look cool. I've guess I've got a minor case of gas for a CS headstock (nothing a little pepto bismol can't fix).
                                _________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X