No announcement yet.

Final Specs!! CS Rhoads Help: Need "Archtop RR 2980" specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, would it be possible to leave the oiled white Korina neck in whitish natural finish? I noticed "kinde69" Korina Neck looks yellowish.

Comment

You should be able to submit pics of both the archtop RR and the drums to illustrate what you want.
      Don't do that!!! You'll probably end up with a Jackson drum kit in vintage sunburst!

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
        There used to be a CS price guide posted, but it's not up as far as I can find it.

That was a big complaint it wasn't complex things that made it a masterbuilt. Things like wood choices/binding/colors made it an upgrade.. I know a flamed maple neck made it masterbuilt, and I would bet Korina would definately make it.

I know you may want this to be your dream guitar, but keep in mind it may take 2 years to get, and cost you over 5k and if you ever want to sell it. You will take huge hit on it.

Don't shrug off the resale it comment. Alot of people sell off their CS guitars after waiting a long long time to get it. What you want in 2007 may not be what you ant in 2009.

If I recall even Poplar wood made it Master Built. That one really made me wonder. While Poplar is a fine tone wood it is inexpensive and abundant.

Comment

Originally posted by Chromatic View Post
          ... I'm not a rich guy, but I've been saving alot to have my dream axe.
          You better save up a lot if this what you want. Contact a dealer to get a price but I'm betting it's over $5K.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
            Don't do that!!! You'll probably end up with a Jackson drum kit in vintage sunburst!
            :ROTF:

and yeah... I also really believe that it will be more than 5,000 bucks ... but I'm ready...

Still deciding on white nut or black nut and member Hellswrath is gone... can't find how to contact him directly... Matt can't help me with that.

Anybody knows how to contact Hellswrath?

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              I'm not sure if wood choice would push it into masterbuilt - my understanding is that was simply more involved / unusual options in terms of the skills needed to build the guitar.....
              In the Fender Custom Shop Masterbuilt means that your guitar is built by 1 Master Builder from start to finish, I don't know if Fender carried that into the Jackson CS though.

Comment

Which wood is whiter naturally? Maple or white Korina? In warmoth, white korina looks very white... but then I see RR korina necks and they are yellowish making maple whiter in look.

Comment

Wood will vary in color but typically Maple will look whiter than White Limba(Korina) even though maple can apear to be white to more yellow in color. Wood varies even among the same species in color weight and density. Here are a couple of bodies that I made to help demonstrate what Maple and White Limba can look like. Both are unfinished so you can the natural color as shown by the camera and your monitor.

Maple

White Limba(Korina)

Comment

PERFECT

Thankyou so much slash.
                    The unfinished natural oiled white Korina neck on the Custom Archtop rhoads will look PERFECT. The color is very similar to maple so it will loo very very nice. I was afraid that white korina would look very yellowish. I like that whitish color on Korina.

So all is set except 1 thing... White Nut or Black Nut and of what material can I choose? which would be best?

That's the last spec I'm missing...

Comment

i would go for a bone, tusq or one of those lubricating graphtech ones

also black or white nut there both good baby
                      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

The archtop RR posted is killer I agree
                        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
                          i would go for a bone, tusq or one of those lubricating graphtech ones

also black or white nut there both good baby
                          but what is the difference between these materials? It's the first time I have to choose nut material... I know "the best" is very subjective, so I must know the pros and cons about these materials. I'm totally clueless on this issue...

Choosing nuts is a real pain in the nuts

Comment

For the most part, as long as the nut is cut correctly, there really isn't a difference.
                            Other people will disagree, but the nut material only comes into play if you are playing open strings with no distortion.
                            Once you leave 1st position, it's irrelevant.
                            For myself, I like either a Brass nut or the LSR roller nut for longevity.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Some folks will argue that bone is best for tone. Personally, I don't hear much of a difference at all, especially when playing through a high-gain amp. I've gone with graphite, as it is better for tuning stability.

Comment

Decided to go for "Bone" Nut.

But black or white?

which would look better with the fret and headstock white binding?

Comment

Working...
                                X