No announcement yet.

Final Specs!! CS Rhoads Help: Need "Archtop RR 2980" specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there black bone nut? I thought that these are only white...

Comment

Originally posted by kinde69 View Post
      Is there black bone nut? I thought that these are only white...
      I thought you ordered black bone nut on your last custom RR

Comment

Originally posted by Chromatic View Post
        I thought you ordered black bone nut on your last custom RR

Yes I ordered but I got white bone on it. Matt was really kind and change the white bone to black graphite...

Comment

damn...

I need to know how hellswrath speced the input jack and if he beveled the back of his archtop...

Can't I ask Jackson CS for the RR2980 specs?... just need little details about the guitar... or pics of those areas...

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post

Maple

White Limba(Korina)
            Wow... those look really nice! :drool:
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Bone is available in bleached white- which is REALLY white.... or "vintage"/"natural" which mean the same thing which is very slightly tan or "cream" in color...

If you have white binding, bleached bone is a good match.
              If you have Ivoroid binding which is the standard for Jackson, the vintage/natural matches better.
              Any other color of binding besides black, with a graphite nut.... then nut wont match anyway.

I *think* if you spec a "bone nut" they use the bleached one- but you could spec natural.

If you want black, graphtech, or "sharpie" which does work on real bone!

Nothing wrong with the standard jack location on an RR- unless you "want" it somewhere else, then I wouldnt spec that.

Seriously doubt the back was arched. Seen a PRS with back arched? or LP... or anything for that matter besides an acoustic arched in back?

Comment

I just gotta say that you're guitar is going to look awesome! Even I can't wait to see it when it's finished. Remember to keep us updated when it's being made!

Comment

Originally posted by Postal View Post
                  Bone is available in bleached white- which is REALLY white.... or "vintage"/"natural" which mean the same thing which is very slightly tan or "cream" in color...

If you have white binding, bleached bone is a good match.
                  If you have Ivoroid binding which is the standard for Jackson, the vintage/natural matches better.
                  Any other color of binding besides black, with a graphite nut.... then nut wont match anyway.

I *think* if you spec a "bone nut" they use the bleached one- but you could spec natural.

If you want black, graphtech, or "sharpie" which does work on real bone!

Nothing wrong with the standard jack location on an RR- unless you "want" it somewhere else, then I wouldnt spec that.

Seriously doubt the back was arched. Seen a PRS with back arched? or LP... or anything for that matter besides an acoustic arched in back?
                  thanks for the info

what I meant with the Jack and back:

-If you look closely at the pics.. you will see that the jack is different from standard Rhoads plate jack and he made it look more classy. I need to know how that kind of jack is named or speced.

-the jack location is the same, won't move the RR standard location

- of course the back isn't archtoped... I just said that I need pics to see if the archtop rhoads is "beveled or flat" on the back

I need some help with the spec form:

*nut width: 11/16 or 5/8 (don't know the difference or which to choose for a Rhoads Guitar)

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    Wow... those look really nice! :drool:
                    Thank you sir

Comment

thanks for the info

I need some help with the spec form:

*nut width: 11/16 or 5/8 (don't know the difference or which to choose for a Rhoads Guitar)

thanks
                      The difference is 1/16" of an inch. Just a matter of personal preference. 1-11/16" is the most common among Jacksons. BTW it should be 1-5/8" or 1-11/16"

Comment

Is this binding Ivoroid or white???...

Comment

Is this binding Ivoroid or white???...

Ivoroid - white is really... well, white.

this gives a clue about the diferences:

Last edited by MacBeth; 08-13-2007, 07:28 AM.
                          "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

How does it look? Anything wrong or missing?

Comment

EDIT: snipped pic
                              How does it look? Anything wrong or missing?

nice specs, i love how you can just tell jackson what you want in the other comments box.

How much are you expecting to pay for this, if you don't mind me askin'

Comment

Yeah that binding is def ivoroid- look closely you can see faint lines in it. In Macbeths pic "white" is far right- it's like a snow white-

"classy looking jack the same"... send that pic that shows the recess, or they probably will not have any idea what you're talking about. In the form you have "side of body strat style" which is the normal jack for RR. In the pics, all I see is a hole which presumably has a jack inside it somewhere.

Bone nut matching binding, state unbleached bone nut.

Send the pic of the drums too for color.
                                You said "plain maple top" in description- you sure about that? flame maple would look bitchin on that one... or just the white limba... The one you're copying is a plain maple top, but me personally (you get what you damn well want!) be me, flame or white limba with that color and burst would look great. also, in any case in the form you didnt fill out the section for a top wood.

for headstock, you have match body color, but you may want to specify burst on the headstock too.

Leave *NOTHING* to interpretation!!!!
                                Last edited by Postal; 08-13-2007, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X