SL2H clucks and quacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H clucks and quacks!

I am fairly new to Jacksons..........finally got one after many years of Strats, Les Pauls, Gretsches, etc. And, boy, this thing is a TOOL!!! Ie, an instrument to make music.

One question though............when the pickup selector is in the second position/both pu's on, this thing clucks like a chicken! Like a strat in the 2nd or 4th (in between) positions. The old strat 'out of phase' sound. I think strat users call it 'quack.' Anyway, it's kinda cool, esp for funk and country, but it's nowhere near the sound of the second position in, say, a 335 or a Les Paul. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Note well, this is the sound through a clean amp. Any ideas? Are Jackson humbuckers installed 'out of phase?' The pu's BTW are the original Seymour Duncans.

Thanks, Bill

They are not stock wired for out of phase. That phasing produces a lower/treble heavy tone. You can easily see if the wiring is that way by looking at the hot wire from each pickup. If they're both the same color (probably black, but possibly green) they're in phase. If one is black and the other is green, you've got the classic out of phase wiring...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
      They are not stock wired for out of phase. That phasing produces a lower/treble heavy tone. You can easily see if the wiring is that way by looking at the hot wire from each pickup. If they're both the same color (probably black, but possibly green) they're in phase. If one is black and the other is green, you've got the classic out of phase wiring...
      Thanks for the reply, Charvel750; will check.

Comment

Working...
      X