New J/C Product News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New J/C Product News

In case folks hadn't seen it, from McD's blog on the Jackson Myspace webpage...

Highlights:

3 new finishes are now available on USA Selects: Acapulco Gold, Quicksilver, and Darby Green. All 3 fall under the Candy/Pearl finish group.

And they've got 4 new signature guitars coming out next year, starting with Winter NAMM in January.

Thanks for the heads-up shreddermon.

Now, to fully demonstrate my myspace naivety: to see jacksonguitarsusa pictures, do you have to have an account and then request they become your friend? If so, is there anything worth seeing in their gallery?!

Thanks.

Comment

No idea, dude. Sorry, but I'm relatively MySpace ignorant, too.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
        No idea, dude. Sorry, but I'm relatively MySpace ignorant, too.
        Well that's something: at least I'm not the only one!

I've signed up to myspace and requested that jackson be my friend. They better be willing to be friends with a face-less, information-less goon. I'll report back if I have any success... and if there's anything to see!

Comment

4 new signature guitars coming out next year
          Interesting, wonder if the current people signed with Jackson are getting new designs or if there are new people being sponsored. Who has signed with Jackson lately?

-Nate
          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            And they've got 4 new signature guitars coming out next year, starting with Winter NAMM in January.
            I know one of them is the PD1 Phil Demmel model, which I'm looking forward to.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got into myspace and can see JacksonGuitarsUSA pictures. They have about 16 reasonably high res. pictures, including MM1 (all finishes, which look a little different to those on DCGL's website), two soloists (Pile O' Skulls + Snakeskin), two KV2Ts (Black + Natural), two Kellys (Gold Diamond Plate + Silver Swirl), Warrior (Bolted Steel), two RRs (Blue Ghost Flames + a CS white original shape replica), and DK1 (Orange/Blue Flames).

Originally posted by nateb View Post
              Interesting, wonder if the current people signed with Jackson are getting new designs or if there are new people being sponsored. Who has signed with Jackson lately?

-Nate
              I guess McD has already given away two: Phil's sig. the PD1, as Joe has pointed out, and the 8-string CoW. Ain't got the foggiest about the other two! Is there an intrigued smiley?

Comment

A Jackson 8-string?!? Damn. I've owned a couple of 7-strings before, but I got bored and didn't play them enough after a few months and wound up selling them.

Comment

Looking forward for those signatures! I hope they come up with something evil. That PD1 is kinda cool, but it's too trendy in my opinion.

Comment

Anyone taking wagers that Mustaine is coming back?

Comment

Don't know who Phil Demmel is, but it looks interesting (depending on final specs, of course).
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        A Jackson 8-string?!? Damn.
                        Yeah, post 27 on in this thread (where he also says it will be MIJ):

He may drip feed us, the tease, but I like having McD back.

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        I've owned a couple of 7-strings before, but I got bored and didn't play them enough after a few months and wound up selling them.
                        Is that so? Just when I was thinking more strings would give me more excuses to buy guitars...

Comment

Cool. I haven't come close to mastering the 6-string after 20 years! I might go for another 7 eventually, but I wouldn't know what to do with an 8 or if my hands would even fit around the neck. :ROTF:

If the Mark Morton model was made in a 7, I'd get one to compliment my 6.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                            Don't know who Phil Demmel is, but it looks interesting (depending on final specs, of course).
                            Phil plays guitar with Machine Head. He played in Vio-lence, Torque and Technocracy. He played Jacksons all the way through. I think there's a dodgy picture of him with Robb Flynn in one of the old catalogues from back in the Vio-lence days. If I find the page, I'll edit this post and link it in.

EDIT: Here it is, the 1990-1991, Phil is third from right with the RR (Robb is far right):

Last edited by ken; 08-09-2007, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I hope one of the four is a new non-sustainer version of the PC1.

(...Wishful thinking. )

Comment

Working...
                              X