Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebird??

Alright- first post.

I am, without a doubt, ordering a custom shop instrument in the coming months. I am completely solid on the details:

Bolt on (Sorry, CS purists)
    Mahogany body, Maple quilt top
    maple neck, quilt maple on headstock (matching trans orange with body)
    Trans orange finish
    gloss neck finish w/vintage tint
    floyd rose
    gold hardware
    pao ferro fretboard, MOP sharkies
    1 vol, 1 tone, 3-way, coil tap minis
    Dimarzio PAF Pro neck and X2N bridge

Except for one thing....

I wanted a firebird!!!!

Now, I'll be happy with a soloist. BUT, a firebird would be perfect. Guitar asylum said it's impossible, due to legal hassles. I was hoping there might be an alternative, i.e. NOS firebird body lying around, slight modification to Firebird design...

Any ideas???

By the way, for my color, is the PC1 solar finish pretty much orange? i haven't seen one in real life. what color should i ask for to get this? Also, does the CS direct mount humbuckers on request? Thankss!!!!!

Nope, Fender/Jackson won't do body shapes of any other manufacturers. The only shape which even comes slightly close is the Mark Morton signature model, which I own, and it's extremely comfortable. They may be able to work with you and rework it a little, though.
    Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Welcome to the forum. And, yes, they'll direct mounts pickups if that's what you desire. Just show them that pic and they'll also match the color.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Now that Fender owns Jackson, you will not see any Gibson body styles being made.
      As for the PC1 Solar finish.. not orange, maybe orange-ish perhaps.
      Very mellow finish.
      As for the pups, the CS will install them however you tell them to.
      -Rick

Comment

How does the Morton model hang on a strap? I've owned an ESP Viper for a few years now, and i dread strapping it on because it's so neck-heavy.

Comment

+1 to what Rick said. However, you might trip into Masterbuilt (+ $2000) territory if you want direct mounted pickups, whereas at the moment, if you choose a veneer instead of a top, you should be able to stay within the Teambuilt pricing
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by dammerhammer89 View Post
            How does the Morton model hang on a strap? I've owned an ESP Viper for a few years now, and i dread strapping it on because it's so neck-heavy.
            It's a tiny bit neck heavy, but I use a leather strap so I don't have a problem. I think it's mainly a little neck heavy due to the fact that the body doesn't have much wood in it because it's chambered. If you're going with a bolt-on version, I don't think there will be an issue, plus you can always ask for a solid body.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just curious, why do you a prefer a bolt-on to a neckthrough?

Comment

Finding an available Jackson firebird is a good challenge and when they do pop up they can be pricey. Finding a Jackson firebird with those exact specs would probably be almost impossible. Have you considered a GMW Firefox model instead?

I believe the bolt on models are available and the neck throughs will be available later this summer. Send an email to Lee at GMW and get his thoughts about those specs. You might be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                  Finding an available Jackson firebird is a good challenge and when they do pop up they can be pricey. Finding a Jackson firebird with those exact specs would probably be almost impossible. Have you considered a GMW Firefox model instead?

I believe the bolt on models are available and the neck throughs will be available later this summer. Send an email to Lee at GMW and get his thoughts about those specs. You might be surprised.
                  Excellent suggestion, you can also try Ran guitars. They will build anything. www.ranguitars.com

Comment

I thought I was being paged or something.... lol. There are a few used ones on ebay right now if you have the cash...

Comment

ESP Japan would probably hook you up.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        ESP Japan would probably hook you up.
                        with a firebird or what?

And the reason i'd prefer a bolt-on to a neckthrough is that i live in South Carolina, where it is very hot and humid. I'm worrying about neck warping, and i want the neck to be replaceable if needed.

Thanks guys for all the advice!

Comment

Working...
                        X