Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why did jackson switch from non-recessed to recessed floyds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get a Halford-esque "resurrection!" on this thread?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Nonrecessed

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Can we get a Halford-esque "resurrection!" on this thread?
        Why yes we can my good man!
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

So how much can you pull up on a non-recessed floyd without special routing?

I've been playing on a TOM guitar for a while, and I think I greatly prefer the bridge height as compared to my guitars with a recessed floyd.

I'm seriously contemplating that CS RR I've always wanted...

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Johnson View Post
            So how much can you pull up on a non-recessed floyd without special routing?
            It depends on how much of an angle the neck is to the body. On my Charvel Model 2, without shimming the neck, I can pull up pretty reaspnably far, at least a perfect 4th on the open g string before the bridge hits the body. But I have come across Floyds on Jacksons from the 80s that were very close to the body, limiting how far you could pull up...maybe a whole step before you hit the body.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I don't do many pull-ups, but I like the low-profile feel of a recessed Floyd.
              The Guitars:
              Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
              The Amps:
              Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

I prefer non recessed. But if I remember correctly the early 90's Pro's had a non recessed neck angle but the body had a shallow recess cut in it for the ability to pull up. At least that's what I had on a Rhoads pro.

Comment

I play with a Les Paul and an SL2H. I don't have issues with high or low bridges - they all work for me. But I sort of like the look of non-recessed better.

Comment

Working...
                  X