All is ready for my custom but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
    EDIT: How about a Jackson Stars Custom Shop?
    +1 Try that one if you want a cheaper one...

Comment

Wait till Winter NAMM if they drop the price they will do it then and only then. I dont know if you guys remember but ESP did a ridiculous price hike like Jackson a couple years ago and a year later they dropped the price back to more normal levels since no sales.

So wait till winter NAMM, that is what I am doing till I even consider a new custom order.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        How about a Jackson Stars Custom Shop?
        Not gonna work for what he wants as their options are limited.

Originally posted by Chromatic View Post
        Isn't there a way to make it easier? Some short payments or something like that? Using a Credit Card or something?
        That would be between you and the store. Ultimately you have to pay a despoit when you order, and then I guess there's nothing to stop you paying them a grand every couple of months or so until the guitar arrives.

Originally posted by Chromatic View Post
        Is it true that a CS Jackson has lifetime guarantee?
        Yeah, but I'm not sure it's worth the paper it's written on. It only covers manufacturing faults, and so stuff like hardware, electronics and even wood are excluded, so other than a trussrod breaking (and even then, they could say that was your fault), what's left that you wouldn't notice in the first 6 months?
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Chromatic, you should try Rico Jr. www.ricojrguitars.com

Made in the USA, not that expensive and some people say it has much more quality than Jackson CS's anyway, at least guys I know who also have Jackson CS's.
          Last edited by LEOKV2; 08-29-2007, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Just remember this before you order;

$8000 will not cure G.A.S

"THE ONLY CURE FOR G.A.S IS DEATH!!"

Comment

what about Carvin? Damn, I must get a Carvin custom. Apart from the Jackson pointy headstock and logo, they pretty much seem to have everything I want in a CS guitar.
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                what about Carvin? Damn, I must get a Carvin custom. Apart from the Jackson pointy headstock and logo, they pretty much seem to have everything I want in a CS guitar.
                Carvin will do the pointy headstock. I think it's $100 extra or so. As far as a Carvin their bodies look nothing like Jackson. They have the shallowest tummy cut and smallest forearm contour I have seen

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                  Carvin will do the pointy headstock. I think it's $100 extra or so. As far as a Carvin their bodies look nothing like Jackson. They have the shallowest tummy cut and smallest forearm contour I have seen
                  hmm...I've been told multiple times on JCF that they will NOT do the exact Jackson regular pointy no matter what you pay them. I think you are talking about something that looks like a reverse pointy.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...nty#post900355
                  Last edited by emperor_black; 08-29-2007, 12:29 PM.
                  Sam

Comment

They will do it either way standard or reversed but like you said it is not exactly the same as the Jackson pointy. You have to call them to order it also, it's not available on their web site unless they have added it.
                    Last edited by slash; 08-29-2007, 01:31 PM.

Comment

That's close enough!! Thanks man!!
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        Right! (so its never going to happen then.
                        it's true
                        State of Emergency
                        http://www.myspace.com/stateofemergencysoe
                        Personal Myspace
                        http://www.myspace.com/hansoe

Comment

Nice Blueburst Slash! That is the guitar that I've priced out many times but can never get the wife's approval for.
                          Scott

Comment

It's not mine... I just lifted it from another board to show the headstock.

Comment

Ran will make body and headstock shapes that you want.

Though I dont think the owner enjoys making exact copies, however they will do a jackson headstock, allthough if you like the carvin pointy then it may work out better for you to use them as importing the Ran will be pricey, especially with teh dollar so low....

I would like to get a custom Carvin but they wont export and want me to use the uk dealer who would add a rediculous charge on top of the decent price...

But my next custom will be a Ran but I do want to get two dk2m's though...

Comment

Why is it that nobody here seems to talk about Rico Jr. Guitars except me ?

Comment

Working...
                                X