Will you trade a SL2H for a KV1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you trade a SL2H for a KV1?

Hi guys, i got an SL2H that i'm selling (because of my new custom shop), i received an offer of trading the SL2H for a KV1 Black Pearl with khaler.
    I'm a bit confused, what will you do?

I'd trade an SL2H for a KV1 seven days a week, and twice on Sunday. That's just me though.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Well, I traded a 2001 KV2 for a mid `90s SL2 (plus cash) because I just couldn't get comfortable with the KV2 "speed neck" profile. The opposite is true for some people, who prefer the speed neck to the thicker Soloist neck. The KV1 with Kahler bridge is highly sought after by many people, and Black Pearl is an awesome finish, so if you like a thinner neck, it would probably be a great trade.
      sigpic

Comment

Depending on the spec on the SL2H and the relative conditions of the guitars, I'd say swapping would be a good move for you from a financial / value perspective. That's of course assuming you like the feel of the KV....
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

i will sell it anyway my SL2h is in mint condition, his kv1 is in very good condition.this is the mine

Comment

I've got one of each (the KV1 natural korina with LSR's) and I have to agree with you that I far prefer the KV1's (or 2's) to soloist style. Their neck, balance , you don't have any piece of wood under you arm , and it's looks.
            So, go for it so long as it's in good condition.

Comment

I would kill for a KV1 in black pearl!

Comment

I would definitely do the trade.

I like to think of myself as a v-whore though.

Comment

KV1 definitely....I dont see much around..
                  Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

not me...kahler kills it for me
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Look at it like this if you get the KV1 you can trade it back if you dont like it to 90% of any member here that owns USA Jacksons for any color or configuration soloist as well as most any USA Jackson model you want.

Wow, now thats a run on sentence.

Comment

i would have already done the trade man. those V's are smokin!

Comment

Personally, I like the slightly thicker necks on Soloists

just preference

Comment

I would do the trade and not even think about it
                            "It's hard to be enigmatic if you have to go around explaining yourself all the time"

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                              not me...kahler kills it for me
                              Normally, I don't care for Kahlers, but the KV1 has a fixed Kahler, so it wouldn't bother me.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X