Soloist, OFR or fixed bridge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist, OFR or fixed bridge ?

Hello, after being dealing with a local store for a PCS Exotic Dinky, the minimum price they made is about 2700 USD, thats a lot !!

So iam thinking about an used SL1/2 with OFR or Strings through Body.

The question is, i almost do not use the tremolo on my guitar, its a licenced floyd rose and gets out of tune very easy....

I play Heavy Metal, in my case which soloist you people would choose ?

if you use drop tunining take the fixed bridge otherwise go on the floyd one.
    At home i got 4 USA Jackson , 3 got floyd 1 fixed...i prefer the floyd on jackson.

Comment

I almost never screw in the bar, but playing with a Floyd is about the same as my fixed bridges or LPs.

Originally posted by Locrian View Post
      So iam thinking about an used SL1/2 with OFR or Strings through Body.

The question is, i almost do not use the tremolo on my guitar, its a licenced floyd rose and gets out of tune very easy....
      This makes no sense - is it an OFR or a licenced trem??? Not that it really matters.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        This makes no sense - is it an OFR or a licenced trem??? Not that it really matters.
        OFR on the Soloist that i want.
        License Floyd Rose is what i have on my guitar right now (Washburn).

Sorry if my english sucks

Comment

I prefer string though, but I also have a soloist with a Floyd. If you never use it, why would you want it?
          1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
          Jackson SLATQH
          Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
          Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
          Jackson DKMGT (project)
          Kramer Focus 1000
          Ibanez SDGR Bass
          Ovation Celebrity
          Martin Backpacker

Comment

cool factor
            Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

I'd go with the Floyd, you can't compare a Licenced unit (excluding the Schaller made Floyd II who also make the OFR) with the real thing. I have very few tuning issues as long as the strings are stretched in. I find T-O-M bridges very uncomfortable to play.

Steve

Comment

I'm not surprised that you have trem problems with a Washburn. They use some of the worst trems I've ever seen, or did in the past anyway. As for the bridge on a Soloist, it is mostly about preference and comfort. I play metal also, and cannot comfortably palm-mute on a guitar with a tune-o-matic fixed bridge. For me, a trem or Fender-style hardtail is the only way to go. A trem can always be blocked if you don't use the bar. But if you don't mind the TOM bridge, then it's just preference.
                sigpic

Comment

I have a floyd on my soloist and I wouldn't like one without. I never had a problem with tuning and changing strings (one by one) until I tried another brand of strings.

Comment

Originally posted by Locrian View Post
                    OFR on the Soloist that i want.
                    License Floyd Rose is what i have on my guitar right now (Washburn).

Sorry if my english sucks
                    The sl1 and sl2h come with the original floyd. I'm not sure about the sl3, which used to come with a licensed trem but may have changed. Anyhow, the trems that Jackson puts on their imports are of a decent quality. You won't worry about tuning stability unless you use a very low tuning like a drop A or something.
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

SL2H (with the floyd)

Best (non signature) production model guitar ever!
                      Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                      Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                      Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

You can always block the floyd, and reset it to float when you do need it.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Lorcan?

I prefer string through myself, but there really isn't a comparison to me made between an OFR and a licensed one, as they are lightyears away.

Comment

My washburn is Korean... i think theres nothing to say here...lol

I think i will buy one with OFR, at least if i need it its there !

Comment

The string feel between a Floyd and a String-thru is totally different. You should try both and decide which one you prefer. I myself am a Floyd man all the way even when I'm not using the arm!
                              Last edited by Mr Metal; 09-11-2007, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X