Experience with SL2H's or SL1's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with SL2H's or SL1's

I should be getting an SL2H in a few months so I was wondering of people's experiences with this guitar. How are the neck, pickups, etc. Any details are appreciated (even if they are just pointless ramblings )

Thanks!
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Of all the modern era Jackson USA Production guitars, the SL series is my favorite in terms of playability, tone, and looks. Neck is like sex, pickups are good, and you can play around with others like EMG's with good results too. Fit and finish has been superb, and I've owned about 10 all together. This is my number 1 at the moment:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Just bought this brand new. I love the thing. Never goes out of tune, action like butter and it is my only USA without a Floyd. Pickups are good but, I think that everyone has a preference. I really don't have any complaints at all about this instrument.
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

They come great as is....No need for any changes........For me this is the best of the crop!

Comment

I have a SL1, it is the fastest neck I have, very easy but not too thin like those Ibanez. I put an Evolution in bridge and a ProTrack in neck. I have a Floyd but it never goes out of tune. It is my first Jackson but I'm very happy with it.

Comment

single greatest guitar available right now. i love mine!!

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Soloists rule. The only problem is once you buy one, you want to buy more and more and more.................

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
                Soloists rule. The only problem is once you buy one, you want to buy more and more and more.................
                +1

Comment

I have a Yellow Bengal SL1. You just can't go wrong with the Soloist as it has already been said. The stock pickups are just fine IMHO!
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                    Of all the modern era Jackson USA Production guitars, the SL series is my favorite in terms of playability, tone, and looks. Neck is like sex, pickups are good, and you can play around with others like EMG's with good results too. Fit and finish has been superb, and I've owned about 10 all together. This is my number 1 at the moment:

i love your strings!
                    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Crappy pic, killer guitar:

The fit and finish are excellent on mine. I use the stock pickups (JB and '59), and I'm happy with the tone. I hear-tell that if you want to beef up the sound a little, the Duncan Distortion works well.

Comment

Probably the best allround Jackson there is (if you are uncomfortable with pointys) Traditional shape but still a very exciting guitar

The guitar and case is also alot smaller than KE/KV/RR etc... so it's definitely easier to bring somewhere.

Man do i want one baaaad.

Comment

my 85 is freakin awesome! must i post pics...again? im sure most of you remember it...the metallic pink one!

Comment

Originally posted by slaytalera View Post
                            my 85 is freakin awesome! must i post pics...again? im sure most of you remember it...the metallic pink one!
                            Post 'em :P
                            Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
                            Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
                            Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

You're probably not going to get many negative comments about Soloists on a Jackson message board.

That said, the Soloist is the best overall guitar in the world. In my experience it does shred, death metal chug, and fusion as good or better than anything else out there. And they have such a big fat sound that doing blues, straight-ahead jazz, or even country would certainly be no problem--though you might get some funny looks.

Comment

Working...
                              X