No announcement yet.

Sergio's Custom RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, I gave to them the pics you can see, and I can't understand the misunderstanding... anyway, Matt did tell me that he can have the guitar rebuilt to my specs, but I prefer bevels and I don't want to wait for another 8 months...
    Light Lies Trailer
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
    www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Comment

mica è l'unico italiano!

great axe!

Comment

I like the painted bevels, too. That looks to be a damn cool guitar.

Did the work order have it correct as "pinstripes", though? Either way, it's amazingly cheesy that they couldn't get it right when you sent a picture for them to match anyway.

Comment

Siamo una marea di italiani allora! Diego se non sbaglio ci siamo visti venerdì sera al new sound factory, suono nei Dying Awkward Angel...

Yes shreddermon, I specified that they should have painted ivory pinstripes and I even attached a pic (the one you can see on top of this thread)... maybe they lost the pic when they put the inlays on the freatboard... it's just a guess anyway...
          Light Lies Trailer

Six-Point Lead

Comment

Cool guitar, but I like the pinstripes better. For the money you spent on a custom guitar, I'd seek a replacement or at least some kind of price adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Pinstripes look way classier
              That's a matter of opinion, Ron. I think the bevels look killer. Still, if I ordered pins and got bevels, I'd be a bit bummed right about now.

That is a great looking guitar. I hope you enjoy the hell out of it.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

does one have a rosewood board and one has a ebony board?
                just curious, its hard to tell with the light.

Comment

i think the pinstripes looked better, also it appears ur pic has no pic up ring (rearmounted?) whereas the one they have supplied you has a pic up ring, which suggest they aven't got that right either, black with white bevels not very cool , white with black bevels, now we're talkin

Comment

The work order clearly specified pinstripes. The exact wording on it says...

"Special Color Info: black with ivory color pins to match binding (see photo)".

Like Sergio, I actually like the bevels better, but still a bummer.
                    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Man, I'm just flat-out dumbfounded how this stuff happens when they have both a clearly described work order and a picture to match. That's truly pathetic. ...It's just dumb luck that it looks killer anyway.

Comment

Well I ordered a custom not only for the look, but also for the quality and sound of the guitar, and this will be killer. Now, I prefer bevels and that's ok for me, I am not doing a favor to Matt or the custom shop. Matt offered me the chance to get the guitar rebuilt, but since I love the ivory bevels better for me it's ok. The value of the guitar does not decrease because of the mistake in my opinion, so it would not be honest to ask for a price drop. That's just my opinion, you can always think something different!
                        Light Lies Trailer

Six-Point Lead

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                          i think the pinstripes looked better, also it appears ur pic has no pic up ring (rearmounted?) whereas the one they have supplied you has a pic up ring, which suggest they aven't got that right either, black with white bevels not very cool , white with black bevels, now we're talkin
                          Well ok, it seems that the custom shop have lots of enemies !! if you take a deep look at the guitar, You can see clearly the black bezel...
                          Light Lies Trailer

Six-Point Lead

Comment

Originally posted by caraluzzo View Post
                            does one have a rosewood board and one has a ebony board?
                            just curious, its hard to tell with the light.
                            Ebony board!
                            Light Lies Trailer

Six-Point Lead

Comment

I don't see how asking for a price break is dishonest - they didn't build what you asked for. You might like how it came out, but it's not what you ordered. They should have to make it up to you SOMEHOW, even if you keep the guitar they made.
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Ask for a t-shirt at least and verification that the custom shop employee has sought out a second opinion from an optometrist.
                                Jackson KV2
                                Jackson KE1T
                                Jackson KE1F
                                Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                                X