Jackson #1091?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson #1091?

Anyone here have any history with Jackson #1091?

craig

You mean the one on Chris' guitars. White with 2 HB'ers and a Kahler pro 2 with maple. Its a real deal San Dimas. I had brand new # 1010.

Looks like thats you that has it on hold. $950.00 is little steep for it.I live 15 minutes from Chris and known him, been to his house before.

Id be concerned about the neck that was dry out, just oiling it not going be the fix, it may be not as straight as it should be, also fret sprout should be apparent.
    Last edited by ADR; 09-11-2007, 02:20 PM.
    Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

That's it - I have it here now. I'm just curious if anyone here has any history with it - I'd like to know what the original pickups were. Thanks.

craig

Comment

It may been ordered like that, these were all CS guitars,Just because it doesnt have Jackson pups,doesnt mean those arent orignal.
        So how does it sound/play/feel?

Comment

It has a paf pro in the neck and an evolution in the bridge - I'm just wondering if it came with two paf pro's or ?

Neck looks fine - I was concerned about his wording but apparently he meant that it was really dirty - they cleaned and oiled it but the f.b. wear is coming back already. Neck looks fine to me - straight and not dry, frets don't look like they are popping out or anything.

I had some money in my paypal account, was looking for a Wolfgang - saw this and offered him a guitar in trade - he gave me a great deal so I took it. Hard to say what I'm really into it for, though - an '80's SG plus a little cash.

craig

Comment

Craig, PM sent.

Comment

Thanks Andy and Dana

craig

Comment

Craig :Your Welcome. Please post pix of the pair
                ~Andy

Comment

Looks like this isn't really #1091 - forum member 'manyaxes' actually posted about this one in '03 and it had a blank plate. Looks like 'manyaxes' hasn't posted in a while.

I do know where the neck plate came from.

Seems to be 'correct' neck and body - not sure if it's a parts guitar or if just the neck plate was swapped. I'll have to get some pics together.

craig

Comment

Craig: Are you going to let Chris know about this, after you get more info on it? He clearly stated a real San Dimas. So what have you found out? Some old posts on it?
                    Keep us posted, sorry to hear this

Comment

OK - I got some p.m.'s, sent some emails - consensus is that this is a legit San Dimas-era jackson that has lost it's plate. I know a jcf'er owned this at one point and posted about it in '03 - at that time it had a blank plate. I also talked to the guy that owned the #1091 plate and sold it to a previous owner of this guitar. Here's some pics:

6789 (work order #?) and 'OBD' on the neck:

Next to my Charvel - 12th fret dots look right:

Control routes look the same:

Tuners are the same - Charvel on top, Jackson on bottom:

It's a killer player - set up well, neck is straight and frets are good. Back shape is slightly different than my Charvel - feels like it has a little more 'shoulder' that I can feel under my thumb and the base of my index finger (if that makes sense?) Weight is about the same.

No way to know if it's a parts guitar or just lost it's plate at some point, but it looks o.k. to me. What do you think?

craig

Comment

Wow - no opinions?

Comment

I like them both..alot!

Comment

Very classy looking pair of axes there!

Comment

Damn, what a pair. I like!
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...