SL2H vs DK-1 Neck Finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H vs DK-1 Neck Finishes

I already know the differences between the two, but I wanted your take on the playability and feel of each. Is it worth having a painted neck to get a neck-thru on the SL2H? Is it worth having a bolt-on to get an unfinished neck on the DK-1? If you had to make a choice.
    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

DK1 for me but like anything else it comes down to personal preference.

Comment

or you can get a soloist like this
      Here I am

Comment

I have a DK1 and a SL2H.

I like the finished SL2H neck.

Even on my import Fusions which are finished in clear, I like it better. I like the smooth as glass neck.

Notice I said "I like" because what "I like" and what "you like" might be completely different.

Comment

I guess it really does just come down to personal preference. I prefer the satin feel, but to each his own.

Comment

I had a feeling someone was going to post a half and half picture. Great looking guitar, though. What if you could only pick a production model?
            Last edited by Holy Diver; 09-11-2007, 09:13 PM.
            "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

If I could only pick a production model I would go with the DK1. I like the feel of the oiled neck better.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

me 2 i was never too keen on painted necks but whatever floats your boat
                Here I am

Comment

Is it possible to get rid of the paint on the back of the neck??
                  If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

yup! But strongly recommended to be done by a guy who knows what he's doin. Different grades of sand paper and finish off with a thin coat of tung-oil.
                    Sam

Comment

I wouldn't be able to do it myself anyway... Say if i cocked it up it would hurt more... its like shooting your own toe
                      If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by thunderhead View Post
                        I wouldn't be able to do it myself anyway... Say if i cocked it up it would hurt more... its like shooting your own toe
                        haha good point.

I like the unfinshed necks of the bolt ons and the lower fret access of the neck threws. For me, I would rather have a painted neck with better lower fret access but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                          I like the unfinshed necks of the bolt ons and the lower fret access of the neck threws. For me, I would rather have a painted neck with better lower fret access but that's just my opinion.
                          You have trouble with lower fret access??
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think maybe he's talking about OTHER bolt-ons besides Jacksons and Ibanez...like Fender for example A Jackson bolt-on has the same upper-fret access as a neck-thru does. What say you joe? At least I dont have any problems.
                            Sam

Comment

I don't have any problem with higher fret access, but he said lower fret access.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X