SL2H vs DK-1 Neck Finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    I don't have any problem with higher fret access, but he said lower fret access.
    :ROTF: :ROTF:
    Sam

Comment

I'd say SL2H

Comment

I really like the glass finish of my brother in laws SL-1 Soloist.
        Its the Tobacco/Lager finish. Having a neck that feels like
        marble is a great thing imo.

Comment

I stripped the finish of both my SL2H and Soloist Archtop Custom........I much prefer oiled finishes.......just my RR custom to go!!!!

Steve

Comment

I've never liked the stickiness of a painted neck...but I've always played clear-finished necks. Is there a difference or is it all in my head?
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              I've never liked the stickiness of a painted neck...but I've always played clear-finished necks. Is there a difference or is it all in my head?
              Painted necks on different guitars feel different. For example, at the same skill level, I had two guitars with painted necks and one unpainted. A dean hardtail select, a Jackson SL2HT and a Jackson DK2T. I felt the Dean's neck used to stick more while playing than the Jackson's. I eventually, got rid of the Dean. now I have the SL2HT and DK2T. They feel almost the same when it comes to non-stickiness. IMO its all in the neck profile.
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I don't have any problem with higher fret access, but he said lower fret access.
                You know what I was talking about! lol but yea I have trouble with HIGHER fret access on the bolt on necks. I think it's my small hands tho.

Comment

I thought id take the 89 YJM Strat out for a rip the other day (an hour a year its played if that) and after playing my Charvel San Dimas for the last 6 months, the neck on the YJM felt like super glue, I couldnt stand it and put it back in its HS case, see ya.
                  Maybe im spoiled, I recently played a RR24 and didnt like the painted neck either, Nothing feels like a oiled Charvel neck,only thing close was my 86 Vintage Jackson bolt-on.
                  Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Are the DK1s oiled necks and not satin?
                    "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Diver View Post
                      Are the DK1s oiled necks and not satin?
                      Yes, they're oiled. The imports have a satin finish.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                        You know what I was talking about! lol but yea I have trouble with HIGHER fret access on the bolt on necks. I think it's my small hands tho.
                        Hehe! Just busting your balls. I've got small hands, too, but I've never really had any problem adjusting to any neck or heel.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X