Checkers, Anyone? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEX3 View Post
    I like the necks, body styles and pickup layouts... I'm sorry, but I see that guitar and I can't help but think of some poof who spent more time styling his hair than playing guitar, wearing lipstick, eyeliner and stuffing tinfoil wrapped cucumbers down his yellow and black spandex pants... I like the specs of that guitar, just can't get past the graphic. If I had won it, I would have had it refinished. Don't mean to dump on your axe, just explain myself. Again, congrats.
    It's different strokes for etc.. And you never know, tastes can change. For the first several years I've been playing, I only went for plainjane black or white guitars. I shunned every bright color and shade of red out there. Part of my mentality was to keep a more subdued tone. But that has changed as for the past several years, I've been attracted to LOUD colors with obnoxious graphics. I own more than 1 red one now!

This one, cos it's a B&W scheme of has a subdued loudness to it (a yelp? ), like this guitar would totally work at a formal occassion if you needed to wear a tux while in the band. It says "I'm formal and ready to rock out!" BTW, great guitar!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

ADR: Yes, I know of Abigail. That's why I posted in the first part about the fact she wired this one. Of course, it came stock with the Jackson pickups (without any active circuitry) and I changed out those with the Duncans. Yep, I broke solder points by AY, but at least I have her signature. She worked for Jackson back then before ending up at Duncan. Here she is with Seymour:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Great guitars !!1 .. the finish looks awesome .. + Black strings .. BAD ASS

Comment

I almost bid on that one.I love graphic guitars in general because most of the time they are a one off design if not they all differ in some way.Very cool now sell it to me!!!I have one of AY's pickups its a 1969 and is pretty sweet.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Joe, that is one badass Jackson and its a graphic I'd play live on stage any day! It flat out rocks!!!

Rudy
            www.wickedrocks.com
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I found a similar one

.... now try to find which one is the volume knob, tone knob, .....
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

great guitar,the bridge pickup what model is?

Comment

The bridge is a Duncan PaTb-2, the distortion class trembucker. Duncan Jazz in the neck.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                  X