No announcement yet.

If you made a Jackson custom guitar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you made a Jackson custom guitar...

what kind of bridge would be the most versatil and comfortable?

a) NON - Recessed Floyd Rose

or

b) Tailpiece (les paul)

I like both but I must choose only 1... so I need opinions

pros - cons?

choose and tell why

thankyou
    Last edited by Chromatic; 09-19-2007, 12:41 PM.

I just love the tremolo, and the Floyd is the ultimate. I think you can get the great tone of a Les Paul on a nice Jackson Custom, with the benefit of the trem if you want to use it.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

for me, it would be a recessed floyd all the way.....it is comfortable to me and i like doing pull ups. BUT, if i wasn't allowed a recessed floyd, i'd have to go non recessed floyd because i hate how TOM bridges feel on my hand.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chromatic View Post
        what kind of bridge would be the most versatil and comfortable?

a) NON - Recessed Floyd Rose

or

b) StopTail (les paul)
        A stoptail is not a bridge.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There are also many other options other than these two.

Comment

non recessed floyd...have enough fixed bridge guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              A stoptail is not a bridge.

Tailpiece?

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                There are also many other options other than these two.
                yes, I know

But I must choose between these 2 options

Comment

for me, it would be a recessed floyd all the way.....
                  +1

+ when blocked, for all purposes it becomes a non-recessed floyd, and you can easily turn it into a hardtail that way: put an extra spring in the back, remove the whammy bar, and presto
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

FYI- The bridge is a tunomatic... or TOM-

string thru body or tailpiece are the 2 different options on that. Most jacksons are string thru TOM... but CS you could have tailpiece if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Postal View Post
                      FYI- The bridge is a tunomatic... or TOM-

string thru body or tailpiece are the 2 different options on that. Most jacksons are string thru TOM... but CS you could have tailpiece if you want.
                      umm... yeah

that's why I said tailpiece in a "if you made a custom guitar" thread

Comment

You can get a top wrap tailpiece only as well, aka R4 Les Pauls (or 1954 LP's if you have the bucks). Before the ABR-1 craze of late, people wanted a tailpiece only bridge because they said you get better tone by taking the TOM out of the picture.

Tailpiece vs. string thru with a TOM bridge, I prefer the tailpiece because you can raise and lower the tail, impacting the tension after the bridge, which makes your strings feel slinkier or stiffer, depending on how you like the feel. With a string thru, you only have one break-angle over the TOM bridge. Also, you can impact tone with the choice of hardware. LP Standards come stock with a heavy zinc tailpiece and brass studs. The "hot" upgrade is to get a lightweight aluminum tailpiece and steel studs, just like the late 1950's LPs.

I would have a hard time chosing a fixed bridge vs. a floater. I really think you need one of each at least.

Comment

Stop-tail all the way. Well, I'd actually prefer a string-thru, but I have no use whatsoever for Floyds and they're a huge pain to setup and tune. For me personally there's no advantages and a lot of disadvantages to a Floyd.

Comment

Recessed Floyd and a Tremol-No to cure the "floating bridge" woes.
                            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I've never understood questions like this. its like asking the car salesman if you should get a Porsche or a Hummer. He'll just ask what your going to be using the car for. wanting to go fast? get the Porsche. wanting to climb a mountain? get the Hummer.

its the same thing here. Are you going to be doing any whammy-ing? If so, get the OFR, push comes to shove and you get sick of having a tremolo it can always be blocked like stated before. If you dont see yourself using the tremolo for what its designed to do, then get the TOM.

Comment

Working...
                              X